Window positions

Started by Harbinger, July 24, 2009, 22:05:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Would love to see window positions saved with MPTM, even for Multiview. It could also be used for other track formats if saved in something like a "trackshistory.ini" file.

This feature would mostly be helpful for using multiview (more than one window for the same song), as currently MPT will not remember these window positions, only that it was not last closed in full screen mode.

Saga Musix

Closing this as it has been suggested before.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

Please provide a link, Jojo. I used the Search function (which i always do before posting), and did a cursory search thru all the open requests and couldn't find it.

Saga Musix

I don't know where it was exactly, it had something to do with MPTM, though. I think it's more important that the devs know that an identical feature request already exists, because we have to keep track of it. :) And I'm lazy.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Jojo"I don't know where it was exactly, it had something to do with MPTM, though.
Doesn't sound very convincing ;) Opened the request until there's a better reason to close it.

Saga Musix

Actually, the thread where I posted this in has also been closed... :lol:
http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=828.0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
And Harbinger also posted there! :P
So yeah, let's keep this one open then.

Saga Musix

As a start, plugin editor positions are now remembered in the module file. I'm sure there used to be a separate request for that, but I can't find it...

Saga Musix

Multi-window positions and contents are now also remembered.
The mechanism for plugin editor positions has been moved to the new SongSettings.ini together with the new window positions stuff, so the old settings are not read anymore.

Harbinger

WOW, 5 yrs later but it made it!! :)

Tell us more about the upcoming SongSettings.ini (maybe in another thread though)...

Saga Musix

Well, it is a file. It contains saved window positions. What else should I say about it?