[synth-pop] Freedom (mp3)

Started by TheEagle, July 23, 2009, 17:07:24

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEagle

Hi everybody.

Due to the relativly high temperature here in my hometown, I couldn't sleep last night.
So I thought "Ok! The night is long, let's do some tracking..." ;-)
The result of this "involuntary nightshift" is a synthpop-song called Freedom.

This song is faster (140 BPM) and I think it sounds a bit happier than most of my other songs and I hope that you will have as much fun with listening as I had with creating...

Anyway, I think it's time for me to catch up some sleep now.

Greetings & good night :-)
-The Eagle

Saga Musix

I hear too much Vanguard in this! :D (I mean the filter sweep that you can hear in so many tunes because it's a Vanguard preset if I got that right).
This tune is nice, but the bass drum is far too soft, the drums too silent. This needs more energy! But apart from that, the composition is really nice.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned

I like it - best of demo music sound

This is what I like best when it comes to electro music

One point - the guitar sounds too angular too often - I suggest a little bending.

TheEagle

Quote from: "Jojo"I hear too much Vanguard in this! :D (I mean the filter sweep that you can hear in so many tunes because it's a Vanguard preset if I got that right).
Indeed it's vanguard but I have to say that I heard this effect in two songs only. And both are by me. I haven't heard this effect in any other song so far...
Could be because I usally don't listen to dance/trance/techno songs.:wink:
Quote from: "Jojo"This tune is nice, but the bass drum is far too soft, the drums too silent. This needs more energy! But apart from that, the composition is really nice.
Well, I think it's (as always) a matter of taste. From my point of view, the percussions/drums should support a song but they shouldn't dominate it. That's why I put them usally in the background...
Quote from: "uncloned"I like it - best of demo music sound.This is what I like best when it comes to electro music.
Thank you, Mr uncloned.  :D
Quote from: "uncloned"One point - the guitar sounds too angular too often - I suggest a little bending.
Ok, I'll keep that in mind for one of my next projects....

Thank you for your time & feedbacks you both.

Nahkranoth

The intro clearly depicts an uneasy sleep or insomnia :D I like it more than the rest :gjob:
Mr.Eagle, I hope you won't mind that I've added you to my list of "modpluggers" that have their own trademark sound?  :wink:
It's not your best one though, but it's been added to my collection anyway, as I still like it.
Clones is right, it will benefit from the use of bending, but how in the hell do you make divebombs sound so good? In Slayer I get some ugly mud when I try to make long divebombs!

Saga Musix

Indeed it's vanguard but I have to say that I heard this effect in two songs only. And both are by me. I haven't heard this effect in any other song so far...
Could be because I usally don't listen to dance/trance/techno songs
I think Vanguard is rather popular among demoscene artists, that's where I've heard it several times. :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

TheEagle

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"
Mr.Eagle, I hope you won't mind that I've added you to my list of "modpluggers" that have their own trademark sound?
Uhmm, thank you, I think.... :)
Quote from: "Nahkranoth"It's not your best one though, but it's been added to my collection anyway, as I still like it.
Well, this one is definitely not one of my favourites, too. I just wanted to have some fun while fighting against my tiredness in that night. And I had much fun, but the song itself isn't that important to me... :wink:
Quote from: "Nahkranoth"...but how in the hell do you make divebombs sound so good? In Slayer I get some ugly mud when I try to make long divebombs!
It's not Slayer. I used a trial version of Music Laps "RealStrat" in this song. I think it sounds much better and it's much more flexible than Slayer, but unfortunatly it's very expensive (around 400 US$).
The amp is Native Instruments "Guitar Rig". Some weeks ago, a famous german computer technologies magazin called "c't" offered a special (limited) version for free... :D

Thank you for listen and comment, Mr. Nahkranoth.

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "TheEagle"It's not Slayer. I used a trial version of Music Laps "RealStrat" in this song.
it explains the coolness :o
Quote from: "TheEagle"The amp is Native Instruments "Guitar Rig". Some weeks ago, a famous german computer technologies magazin called "c't" offered a special (limited) version for free... :D
I guess you're lucky to be German then :D

Saga Musix

QuoteI hope you won't mind that I've added you to my list of "modpluggers" that have their own trademark sound?
I dunno, but I think that everyone here has their own sound. On the other hand, TheEagle's synthpop tunes always remind me of Payne's music[url], minus the guitar sounds.

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "Jojo"I dunno, but I think that everyone here has their own sound. On the other hand, TheEagle's synthpop tunes always remind me of Payne's music, minus the guitar sounds.
Yes, I agree that everyone here have their own sound, but some can be quite easily guessed, while others are not, for me at least.
Wanted to give some examples, but that will be absolutely OT :D
I remember hearing some payne's stuff, but now it doesn't ring any bells here :D Has he something to do with Braincontrol?
Oh, yes! I heard something of his (i guess?) with Tunefish synth!

Saga Musix

Yeah, he does all those cool Tunefish tunes. :)

TheEagle

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"
Quote from: "TheEagle"The amp is Native Instruments "Guitar Rig". Some weeks ago, a famous german computer technologies magazin called "c't" offered a special (limited) version for free... :D
I guess you're lucky to be German then :D
Yep!  :D

psishock

Not too shabby TheEagle, i liked it :D. As Jojo said, i would gave it a more pronounced kick drum, also would work on the bass (not the vanguard bassline) 'cause it feels a bit cheap, but overall nice work.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

TheEagle

Quote from: "psishock"Not too shabby TheEagle, i liked it.
Shabby, but not too shabby, huh? :wink:
Quote from: "psishock"As Jojo said, i would gave it a more pronounced kick drum
As I wrote above: Nope! Not my cup of coffee..:D
Quote from: "psishock"also would work on the bass (not the vanguard bassline) 'cause it feels a bit cheap, but overall nice work.
The bass is a preset in "Superwave P8" (at the moment I don't remember which one), but of course there may be some better basses out there...
BTW: there is no vanguard bassline in this song.

Thank you for listening and for your time psishock.

Zaphoid

I Like this track.  I think it has more potential if the guitar parts are played by a real guitarist.  hint hint Other than that it's a real fine splendid piece of ear candy. .  It's my opinion the beat is fine where it is in the mix.  If too pronounced I believe it will take away from the melody and sound too much like a mega cheesy dance tune.  

There is nothing wrong with presets if they do what your looking for and fit well.  I use them and tweak them to my liking.  Sound design isn't my fav thing to do and I tend to tweak too much and waste valued time.  

I've been using Rob Papen's Blue synth and Albino.  Very warm and Analog sounding softsynths.  Used Blue for all Live leads in Mounlight and Albino Pad in the bed of my mix just below the rythm guitar.  End rant.