MODPlug meeting (confirmed: 18-07-2009, 0:00 GMT+0)

Started by LPChip, July 12, 2009, 08:44:38

Previous topic - Next topic

psishock

I'm GTM+1.... so that would b 1am saturday here. Sounds ok to me. ^^

LP, you're in Netherlands, that's GTM+1 too, wutta hack are you're talkin 'bout? :D that's already saturday there too.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

uncloned

ok - I used this

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

and found out that the meeting for me is 8 at night Friday

(I believe Barry is in Perth)

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

Meh.... it's midnight indeed to us :D.  Australia don't have "Daylight Saving Time" at this moment.
Thanks Uncloned, another valuable webtool.

Saga Musix

just so you know, we are GMT+2 atm. :P (edit: that's what she said)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Forgot, we're indeed GMT+2 here, so thats 0:00 am X)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

bvanoudtshoorn

Just to confirm, yes, I am in Perth. :) Sounds awesome.

KrazyKatz

Count me in. Can someone give details on what I need to install or do to login?. Never used IRC before.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

bvanoudtshoorn

Try using a client like Pidgin. Then you just need to add an account like the one in the screenshot below to IRC into #modplug nicely.

[/img]

psishock

QuoteCan someone give details on what I need to install or do to login?. Never used IRC before.

my suggestion that you use a browser IRC like http://www.mibbit.com/chat/. No need to register, setup an account, install a software or setup/tweak other minor stuff.
All you need to do is just to enter your nick, the server address, and the channel name.

(press the "server" button, pointed out with the arrow, to enter the desired server manually)

LPChip

Another option is to install an IRC client. I would recommend ChatZilla as IRC client.

Set it so that it connects to irc.esper.net and once connected type in /join #modplug

But KrazyKatz, If you make sure you're online earlier, I can help you get on #modplug so you're set at 0:00 GMT+2.

For everyone, the time is now fixed. The modplug online meeting will take place on Friday 17-08-2009, 22:00 GMT+0, UK=23:00, NL/DE=0:00 on 18th.

Saga Musix

There are countless alternatives. If you already have a messenger account (ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, whatever) you can also use a multi-messenger client like Miranda or Trillian (or the aforementioned Pidgin). Or, a dedicated solution like X-Chat (recommended by me :D).

BTW: GMT+0 is UTC. :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Louigi Verona

That's 2 am for me, so it seems. I'll try to be there )

LPChip

Correction!

8 AM GMT+8 = 0:00 GMT+0

So its 1:00 AM for uk time, 2:00 AM for NL

Saga Musix

LOL! :D I'll be there all the evening anyway. :)