New functionality in the forum

Started by LPChip, July 21, 2009, 10:30:42

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

As you might've noticed, some of the titles in the viewforum section, gives you black links instead of white text.

These are Topics, Author and Last Post.

Clicking these will set the sort for the overview. Note that if you're on a page, clicking these will go to page one (as desired). If you're in a sort mode, clicking a page will go to that page in that sort mode.

On the Bug Reports section, The default sort order is by topic descended. Clicking on the topic there sorts to topic ascended too. To get back to the normal sort order, click on the link to enter that forum.

What do you think?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

Oh, thanks for any improvements naturally LP, especially good stuff are warmly welcome.
I'm not sure what do you think about dividing the general topic to other more specific sub-forums, like one for help requests (if someone has a problem to ask), technical discussions (to talk about technical stuff, tricks in ompt, hardware, vst(i) or similar apps), announcements (if someone wants to announce some happenings, events, like parties or competitions), etc? It would be less messy and more organized.
Music submission forums could have a WIP submitting area, where one could discuss work in progress stuff. There are surely times for everyone, were we don't want (or are ready) to release the final stuff, but need advice or comments on some ongoing processes.

Just a couple of ideas :D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

phpBB2 doesn't support subforums, so all forums would have to be created on the root level, and I don't like the idea to have even more subforums on the root level.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

Quoteand I don't like the idea to have even more subforums on the root level.
oh, you don't? Care to describe why? Messy is cooler and more divided/organized is not?

Saga Musix

The forum is already big enough. As soon as we have a SMF forum here, we can also have subforums..
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

ummm ok ^^. I'm seems to be fine with the "not yet" answer.