Started by a-lin, July 11, 2010, 06:48:02

Previous topic - Next topic

a-lin

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.18.02.00

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s):
version 1.17.02.54 as well

Description of the bug:
When using MdspDuckVerb VST the parameters are saved but not re-set when the song is re-loaded. I can see on the Plugin frame (General tab) that the parameters are saved however I need to re-set them all (click on set) so the plugin is set with the right values. I have a similar problem with PianoVerb.

How often does it happen?:
Everytime

How to reproduce (step by step description):
1) Load the plugin http://mdsp.smartelectronix.com/product/mdspduckverb/
2) install it and drag the dll in your openMPT window
3) set it as effect of your track and set the parameters so that you can distinctly hear the reverb (for instance all parameters at 1.0 except Mix at 0.0)
4) save the song
5) close it
6) re-load the song
7) can you hear the reverb?

Edit by dev: Updated thread title
A-Lin

Harbinger

There are a few VSTs that share this problem. The one that comes to my mind is MDA's Leslie. I no longer use that particular VST because we have a better, more controllable one (Kitchen Sync), but it would be interesting to find out why this happens to a few of them...

Saga Musix

I found this to be a plugin issue; the same happens if you load the plugin for example into Renoise, enter some plugin parameters, suspend the plugin and then enable the plugin again. Nevertheless I'm going to inform the plugin author about the issue.
You can find similar bug reports for other hosts e.g. on KVR.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.