.xm file to sheet music, help!

Started by raouliman, July 11, 2009, 15:55:25

Previous topic - Next topic

raouliman

Hey guys, i just found this program, and to b honest, im in fishing love with it, what made me want to get it is after listening to one of these songs of this crack team exes, and i though, god this would sound so good on real instruments. So yea, i managed to get thru the basics of how this program works and im surprised at how simple it is compared to all these other crap ii used to use with my midi keyboard.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to turn a .xm file into a a piece of sheet music, u know with the notes and stuff without looking through each pattern and finding out which note and writing it our by ourselves? im sorry if this question has been asked before, but i couldn't find any information using the search. Thanks in advance!

Edit by Mod: Replaced .mx to .xm

Saga Musix

i guess you mean .xm and not .mx...
There is a request for lilypond (or whatever it's called) support in modplug but that's not going to happen soon, so you could try to export your modules to midi (using the "file" menu) and then load them into a midi editor that can output real scores (like lilypond).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

raouliman

Hey, thanks for the reply, and yea i did mean .xm. Im not sure how to do that with lilipond, i successfully exported the xm file into a .mid one, but itry and open it with lily pot, all it does is generate this notepad file next to it saying errors and stuff about how it didnt successfulyl convert it into a pdf, help me out please <3 thanks

g

Did you convert the .mid to .ly using mid2ly?

I wouldn't expect too much tho, you'd probably get a better result doing it by hand.

uncloned

if you can provide the .mid file I can turn it into a PDF of the sheet music  for you and post it.

You can send me an private message here and I will give you my email address.

raouliman

Quote from: "g"Did you convert the .mid to .ly using mid2ly?

I wouldn't expect too much tho, you'd probably get a better result doing it by hand.

Hey thanks for that, i jsut downloaded mid2ly but im not quite sure what to do with it or how do i use it. I tried opening the file but but theres an error saying "the path source file can't contain any space."

What should i do,

O and i was wondering if i could find out how to do i myself cos im planning on doing quite abkit of it. thanks again

g

Quote from: "raouliman""the path source file can't contain any space."
Remove any space from the filename and make sure there's no space in the path? You could make a folder in the root of C:\, such as C:\MID and put the files there.

uncloned

you may want to consider using ubuntu and rosegarden then