.53 Octave key shortcuts don't work

Started by Harbinger, July 11, 2009, 00:12:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.53

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): Not sure.

Description of the bug:  The keyboard shortcut does not work when setting the octave from the note column. (Would also prefer a shortcut to increase/decrease the current octave.)

How often does it happen?: Always.

How to reproduce (step by step description): Open key configuration tab in Options dialog. Go to the "Pattern Context -- Note Column" set of keys. In any of the "Octave +/-x" entries, assign a key as normal. Press OK and put the cursor in the note column of a channel. Try to change the octave with the shortcut -- the Octave field doesn't change. Enter a note in a channel; the octave hasn't changed.

Saga Musix

I don't really know what you mean. what "Octave +/-x" shortcut? There's only "set octave 0 - 9", and those work perfect for me, just like "transpose +/-1 oct". please be a bit more specific.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

Sorry i meant "Octave x" where x is 0 - 9.

I was unable to have an assigned key work. I'll try it again if you got it to work, and i'll let you know.

Saga Musix

Sorry, but I have been using those for years and they changed the octave of every instrument that I've ever been using. :\
Are you sure you understand what they're supposed to do?

BTW: oct+/- is Ctrl+Shift+A/Q
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

Perhaps i don't know. I assume that when the cursor is in the note column (ready for note entry), and when you press the octave shortcut, the octave you're working in is set to the one the shortcut applies to. I should assume this would change the number in the Octave field. BTW, this is not the same as transpose by an octave; that works fine.

However, after testing with different keys, i cound net get it to work. Will try again tonight.

Saga Musix

The octave keys simply overwrite the octave of the currently selected note, nothing else. There's nothing like an "octave you're working in", except for the base octave which cannot be changed with shortcut keys I'm afraid.

Harbinger

OK, so i did misunderstand, but i'm glad to know. In that case, you can close this bug report.

Saga Musix

Thanks for confirming and for the report, though. Good that everything's clear now.