One Voice Compo

Started by Louigi Verona, January 29, 2006, 17:37:17

Previous topic - Next topic

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"
QuoteIt means: One monotome melody with a possibility of using one 2nd voice for long notes to attenue chords.

This is a very nice description!

I don't care what samples or instruments you use, just make sure that the resulting melody is monotone!

I think you mean monophonic.

LPChip

Indeed. I ment Monophonic
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

apple-joe

But will the track be monopholyc (?) when including a 2nd voice on long notes?

LPChip

Quote from: "apple-joe"But will the track be monopholyc (?) when including a 2nd voice on long notes?

No, But thats quite obvious right? It is allowed to make a monopholyc track, which just has 1 single voice on at a time.

Note that in strict monopoly sounds, you never hear the tail of the previous note. It is allowed to have a tail from the previous note, as long as its clear that its not being pressed again. (like the sustain of an arcoustic guitar)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "LPChip"
Quote from: "apple-joe"But will the track be monopholyc (?) when including a 2nd voice on long notes?

No, But thats quite obvious right? It is allowed to make a monopholyc track, which just has 1 single voice on at a time.

I think you mean monophallic.

LPChip

ARGGG.. You... Shu.... :P

I did told you that English isn't my native language right? :P

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "LPChip"ARGGG.. You... Shu.... :P

It's "I did tell" or "I have told". ;) I'm sorry, the last post was a joke, I have no idea what you meant but I'm sure it wasn't monophallic.

LPChip

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"
Quote from: "LPChip"ARGGG.. You... Shu.... :P

I know, that last one was just a joke. I have no idea what word you meant.

It was me wanting to say "Shut Up" but being able to restrain myself from doing so... :P

apple-joe

OK, I think I finally understand the premises of this monogalic compo. One melody - but freedom to add a 2nd note if the note of the first voice is still playing. I take it we're not supposed to take advantage of this and create as many two-note harmonies as possible.

Louigi Verona

great! I'm happy we all got to the point of understanding the rules (next time I run OVC I will probably remove the second instrument showing chords thing, it only makes things complicated)

remember, only 20 days left :)

LPChip

I have 2 songs ready for submission. I am probably gonna wait with one till near the deadline to make it a bit of a surprise entry :)

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "LPChip"I have 2 songs ready for submission. I am probably gonna wait with one till near the deadline to make it a bit of a surprise entry :)
The thing that makes surprises so special is that they're not expected.

LPChip

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"
Quote from: "LPChip"I have 2 songs ready for submission. I am probably gonna wait with one till near the deadline to make it a bit of a surprise entry :)
The thing that makes surprises so special is that they're not expected.

The surprise is not what that i'm having a 2nd entry. Its the content ;)

But I guess its not that spectacular...

apple-joe

OK - I'm gonna have a go at the compo-idea now. I don't know how long it will last, I don't know about the outcome, but it'll be one melody ony - nothing more - and I know nothing about the outcome. OK, time to begin.

EDIT: I started out, but I will not submit this one. It's too, caotic. I might try again later.

PPH

Where's the compo website?
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============