Compatibility issues

Started by Saga Musix, July 10, 2009, 14:18:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

As the oh-so-awesome bugtracker for openmpt is currently practically non-existent, I need a thread for all kinds of playback errors that are related to old module types (not MPTM or other MPT-specific stuff), to be able to trace them.

• [IT] various issues (17, 21 and 25 at the time of writing)
  • [MED] poor loader
  • [DMF] poor loader
  • [AMF] slightly buggy loader (bad timing in PW_INTRO.AMF from pinball world)
  • [AMS] extremely buggy loader
  • [IT] Bidi-Loops are off by one?
    EDIT: One of the countless flaws in IT's software mixer. This is going to be difficult to fix in MPT. I know how to fix it, but I will either break all modules made in MPT that have very short bidi loops, or  I need to introduce a new variable to the channel struct which might slow down mixing.
I'm sure there are still a few more, but those are the ones that I can remember atm. If you know more, post them here. But the list is actually getting shorter...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Quote[MOD] Provide an alternative panning scheme with L/R swapped
I hope this will be as a choice, because I made a lot of Mods with this L/R/R/L scheme.

bvanoudtshoorn

I'm more than happy to host bug-tracking / ticketing software for OpenMPT on my website, if you'd like me to.

LPChip

I can host it too on the modplug site. The problem is more that I don't know what software to use :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

bvanoudtshoorn

Well, at work we use Trac, and it works quite well. I'm planning on having a chat with my webhost about running it -- I don't foresee any problems. You need SSH access to your server to use it, and it requires Perl as well -- thing is, though, it's probably one of the best solutions available, and is easy to set up and configure.

Saga Musix

well, we had some discussion about integratign a bugtracker into modplug central (lpchip can give more details here, i guess), so we don't really need yet another external solution, i think. :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

bvanoudtshoorn

Fair enough. :) But my hosting is available if it's needed -- I've got unlimited everything (literally), so I can afford to be generous. :P

LPChip

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"Fair enough. :) But my hosting is available if it's needed -- I've got unlimited everything (literally), so I can afford to be generous. :P

:) So do I. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

ok, can you please move your jabber to another thread now, thanks :P

Saga Musix

Wow, this list has gotten a lot shorter since July. I've rewritten the PSM loader last night (Completely!), it was a mess. I guess there was no or not much documentation about PSM back in the 90s when Olivier wrote this, so it failed on most PSM files. With the help of an almost correct format defintion and a bit of reverse-engineering, I was able to make the PSM loader almost perfect now - only a few small issues remain.