Its Horrible
0 (0%)
Its almost good
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: January 29, 2006, 13:19:26

GoldZniper

Hello all,

I'm trying to make techno with some step sequencers.
Please send some usefull comments if you like.

You can download it via this Rapidshare link :
http://home.tiscali.nl/trancemusicengine/Halil_Kayacan_-_Infinity_Reworked_Techno_Edition.mp3

, GoldZniper A.K.A. Halil Kayacan

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

a little louder please ;)

for the music:

hmmmm... i don't like trance in general
i think your bassdrum is a bit too loud and you could try to use more filters
and play around with them in this genre

which step sequencer are you using?
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

GoldZniper

Thank you for the tip.
I'm using FL Studio.
You can download a free fully functional demo @ www.fruityloops.com
You can export Mp3 files but cannot save the projects in the demo.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

heya man, this is modplug home... most of us think fruity suxx ;)
(me the most)

mouse-based drawbar-sequencing-software... yukk!

it took me years to learn how to use a tracker correctly
i think fruity loops can be learned by an ape in 30 minutes
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Sam_Zen

2 BooT-SectoR-ViruZ
Strong, but truly words.
I reckon the ape will be totally uninterested after 30 minutes again, because of lack of control
to express its own ideas, due to other people's presets, and sloppy drag-n-drops.

I am strongly in favour of the fact, that this download-section only is being used for
tracker-related soundfiles, not as a stage for anything vibrating the air.

Dj Cruk CHIKIN

Fruity seems to have too many limits :S You cant fit much data on one screen at a time and its too hard to use. MPT is fast and easy.
Eat... Its good for you.

Squirrel Havoc

I have to admit, I actually gave Fruity a try, and was impressed by the sound quality and MIDI input capabilities, and most of all what other people have done with it. But none of those are any reason to use a tracker, you use what helps you make the best music, even if for some reason it is fruity
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

Didgeboy287

Something's wrong with the link.  I was hoping to hear what got everyone started on an FL bash but the link appears broken.  Is the song somewhere else?
Comments are always welcome . . . let me rephrase that.  Constructive criticism is always welcome.

www.sneakerpops.com

Dj Cruk CHIKIN

Eat... Its good for you.

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"2 BooT-SectoR-ViruZ
Strong, but truly words.
No, it's just plain bullshit.

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"I reckon the ape will be totally uninterested after 30 minutes again, because of lack of control to express its own ideas, due to other people's presets, and sloppy drag-n-drops.
Is that what happened to you? :P

Seriously tho, you have really missed out on a great piece of software if you've actually tried it and reached these conclusions. What I love the most about FL Studio is how you can automate practically ANYTHING, giving you extremely precise control of the ideas you want to express.

I'm sorry if I sound rude, but it always annoys the hell out of me when clueless people comment on things they don't know the least thing about.

Sam_Zen

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"when clueless people comment on things they don't know the least thing about.
I guess you have some right to say this, since I indeed not fully explored the potentials of FL.
It is not right to include FL within the range of some easy-going snappy 'groove-makers'.
In fact, the cause of my rejection of FL was more, that I was aware of its complexity and controls. So it was more the choice for another tool, besides MPT, with the knowledge that it would took me at least a year to find out and learn.

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"In fact, the cause of my rejection of FL was more, that I was aware of its complexity and controls. So it was more the choice for another tool, besides MPT, with the knowledge that it would took me at least a year to find out and learn.
Ok then I understand you point, even if I found your previous way of expressing it a bit weird odd wodd.

My apologies to GoldZniper for being off-topic. I'd give your song a listen if the link wasn't dead.