.53 Context-menu shortcut misbehaving

Started by Harbinger, July 04, 2009, 00:09:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.53

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): No.

Description of the bug:There is a shortcut key to open the context menu wherever the mouse is located. When you apply this keystroke while the mouse is on the first row of the pattern editor, instead of the Pattern Editor context menu, it displays channel context menu instead, as if i used it on the channel header. However, right-clicking functions fine.

How often does it happen?:Always.

How to reproduce (step by step description):See above, just make sure you have a key assigned to this function.

Saga Musix

I'm not sure about this because the "context menu" shortcut opens the context menu at the current pattern cursor position, not the mouse cursor position. Can you be a bit more specific which shortcut you mean and how you do this?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

I'm sorry, that's correct -- it's where the cursor is. However, when you assign a key to open the context menu (as if you right-clicked there), when the cursor at the top row of the pattern editor, it opens the CHANNEL Header's context menu, not the Pattern Editor's context menu (to see the difference, right-click on the space where the plugins show for each channel, then the top row of the channel's note events.)

If this isn't clear enough or if you can't reproduce it, let me know here. This week i'll try to do the same and provide an image, when i come back next weekend.

Saga Musix

Sorry, but I'm not able to reproduce this with any version of OpenMPT.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

g

It seems to depend on whether "Always center active row" is enabled or not.

Saga Musix

Thanks for the hint. With this option disabled, I was able to reproduce it.

EDIT: Fixed in dev build.

Saga Musix

Please confirm that this is fixed in OpenMPT 1.17.03.02. You may set the S=C flag in the first post yourself then, without further comments.

Harbinger

Calls context menu only at point of cursor within Pattern Editor column itself. Fixed.