[video] Iran Neda Iran (youtube)

Started by uncloned, June 24, 2009, 14:18:48

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

LV

When I compose, especially with words, I set out to capture a part of my life and thought. Since unlike you I do not write music for other people as goal or as the reason to create trying to give a resolution for a situation out of my hands is totally out of scope.

Louigi Verona

QuoteI think the most interesting aspect of your comment is that the possibility of execution of this responsibility is almost absent in instrumental music....

Why? Music can create emotion. Emotion of despair is not a good emotion to evoke in other people.

QuoteSince unlike you I do not write music for other people as goal

This is not my goal, you misunderstood me or I was not accurate with my wording and made you misunderstand. But it is a separate topic.

I just wanted to say that music is public and when you release it, although you depict your own thoughts and feelings, I think you should think about how it might affect the listeners. But because I think so, I do not believe everybody should share my views, of course, so no offense meant.

uncloned

LV - I refer to your statement / belief at one time that a composer does not exist w/o an audience. (besides the composer).

Despair is a human emotion and experience. Many Russian's portray that emotion famously - Shostakovitch, Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.... and I indeed like their work a great deal.

What you are suggesting sounds like censorship - even if self-imposed.

Ice9

where to draw the line between the audence and the creation sometime we just go beyond audience comprehension ... he has gone out there on that stuff ..,

what is love with out the object of love.  what is self with out the self awareness of being ... what is being with out love of self or others for that matter.. what is the matter with me it is all semantics

some things on the net can be "too" random but that is the joy of them and their persuit of experiencing new things randomly mixed into their effects of being

we can move mountains with just a word, you know that is right? just one sound is all it takes to dissolve the whole universe and then were are we at?
"I think in pictures not in words"-Peter Gabriel  ., mostly because part of my mind is not quite an idea but a random structure of thought processes each interfering - with each other.

Sam_Zen

In the meantime .
This is Neda Agha Soltan, a 27 year old philosophy student, who was shot by the church-police :

Neda, the Farsi word for voice..

Louigi Verona

Quote from: "uncloned"LV - I refer to your statement / belief at one time that a composer does not exist w/o an audience. (besides the composer).

Well, yeah. But I didn't mean it in a way that music should be composed with a goal of giving it to other people. I meant a different thing, but it is very easy to understand it the other way - I guess I am just not very clear about it. Let's discuss this some time later if it gets brought up again;)

Quote from: "uncloned"
What you are suggesting sounds like censorship - even if self-imposed.

I guess so. I guess something like censorship.

Censorship isn't always bad. We impose a lot of censorship on ourselves - like not cursing in front of people we respect, like not saying bad things about our friend or whatever.

Art in my opinion can be an instrument of influence on people's souls and should be used carefully. There were several tunes I did not release because I did not like the effect they made. It doesn't mean one should put out only happy tunes. I just think that every pain, every conflict in art should have an "inner" solution. It rarely can be pointed to though and works on subconscious level. But it is not an illusion. And there are certainly even very famous works of art that deliver destruction without solution.

Personal vision of mine ;)

g

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"This is Neda Agha Soltan, a 27 year old philosophy student, who was shot by the church-police
Media got the wrong picture and that's another woman with a similar/same name. The woman on the picture is still alive. Reference.

uncloned

Yep - that wrong picture shows up in the video - I think only as backdrop. The mis identification first came out a day or two after I posted the video.

Sam_Zen

hmm.. I was already afraid of it being the wrong information.
Things are getting to float around on the Inet, so no certainty..

uncloned

The rest of the video is still accurate as far as I know.

Louigi Verona

To be honest, sounds like a hoax.

Sam_Zen

hoax or not, some people were shot there.

Louigi Verona