RIPPER Detected!!! BEWARE. (read for more info)

Started by LPChip, January 25, 2006, 20:12:28

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

With big thanks to the CTGMusic.com website:

The staff of CTG have let me known that there's a ripper active.

What is a ripper?
A ripper is a nasty noob (newbe) that steals other people's music, and tells everyone its his. He's taking all the fame while others should get that precious fame. Rippers is the worst thing you can be in this community.

More information
The guy that we're talking about is calling himself DJEnis. In fact, he's active on CTGMusic. He seems to be from turkey or atleast is able to read and write in that language. He've used other good music and claimed it was his own for commercial purposes. This SICK basterd actually made some money out of this.

The noob's website can be located at: http://djenis1.tripod.com//mp3.html

Why this harch language?
People that act like this are criminals. They DO NOT deserve to be treated differently. In the past, rippers were banned from the scene like this too. Don't let your music be part of his fame! STOP THE RIPPER!!!!!
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Squirrel Havoc

Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

cyperkid

Quote from: "LPChip"
The noob's website can be located at: http://djenis1.tripod.com//mp3.html

and check his "friends" out
:shock:
seems that this shithead is physically active in Germany
commodore stole my childhood

speed-goddamn-focus

might seem irrelevant, but what/who did he rip?

rewbs

I feel evidence that he has ripped is essential before we start any lynching.

botb

Quote from: "rewbs"I feel evidence that he has ripped is essential before we start any lynching.

agrood eh greed
This is my signature. I kid you not.

DustWolf

I'm not the verbal lynching type... if this guy actually did anything like that I'd say it's time we informed the website keepers.

I never let a single paypal hoax survive me and I'll be damned if I let this one go before killing it first!

So... give me confirmation that it is rips, once I have that, DJEnis is gonna be sorry he ever came online.

NegaHeliX

:?  It's people like this that end up screwing everything up for everybody else. When they're discovered then people get nuked banned and/or flamed at the very least. I for one think there should be enforced laws against this. But I guess since we don't pay the government millions of dollars to police these kind of things, aside from the millions of dollars we fork over for taxes, then it won't happen. You may not know who I am and that's because I'm not great at using MPT, I dabble here and there but nothing serious. BUT, I do enjoy downloading your music here because I am a big fan of the genres of music that your songs fit into... especially Trance. Anyway... I hope he discontinues his plagiarism by some means whether he's caught or he just gets tired of being flamed on his own site and in his e-mail inbox for the wrongs he does. Keep it up guys... love your music!

Squirrel Havoc

It's hard for any government to enforce federal laws on a global network,  so we are infact just plain screwed  :cry:
-

MisterX

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"It's hard for any government to enforce federal laws on a global network,  so we are infact just plain screwed  :cry:

The first mistake would be relying on government to be the solution to anything...  :lol:
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft
===========================
I am happy to be born when I was - at least I caught the tail end of freedom.

Sam_Zen

Quote from: "LPChip"People that act like this are criminals. They DO NOT deserve to be treated differently.
It's not a matter of deserving. It is a matter of fact, according to common copyright laws, that it's a criminal
act to take someone's work and tell that they themselves made it. This is valid for the work of any citizen, whether
registrated at some copyright organisation (buma, riaa) or not.

The fact that he actually made some money out of it, is not that relevant to me. Let him choke in his lousy bucks.

I'm afraid really stopping such losers is not possible, but one can make it more difficult for them to do so.

So to me, the technical aspects are more important : how does he rip ? Manually or with some robot-script ?
I know of some tools named 'crawlers', that scan a website on the presence of files with a .mp3 extension, and
then automatically download all those files. Experiences like that made me decide to convert all tracks to the
ogg-format. And, to make it even more difficult, offering them as zips.
I know I'm losing the streaming option in this way, but I got some more protection against these practices back for it.

One method (there are more) to block those crawlers is to add this line in the head of the html-file :
<meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow">

Snu

well, i know that if both the ripper and the person who's music is being ripped live in the us, the rip-ee could sue the ripper...
even if the songs are not officially registered at the copyright office, they are copyrighted at the moment they are finished according to US law.
theoretically anyway, not sure how such a trial would go in actuality, but if the ripper had just the mp3s, and the rip-ee had the original modules, it would be a pretty straight forward case i think.

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "MisterX"
Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"It's hard for any government to enforce federal laws on a global network,  so we are infact just plain screwed  :cry:

The first mistake would be relying on government to be the solution to anything...  :lol:

The government is my supplier of income and healthcare insurance. Although I have to admit medicare prescription coverage screwed things up  :?
-

MisterX

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"One method (there are more) to block those crawlers is to add this line in the head of the html-file :
<meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow">

This is true, but it only works for "friendly" bots that actually pay attention to those things.  I'm afraid that your solution (ZIPped OGG) is a better method.  :wink:
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft

MisterX

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"The government is my supplier of income and healthcare insurance. Although I have to admit medicare prescription coverage screwed things up  :?

I'm very sorry to hear that - hopefully you can get out of "the system" ASAP and not have to rely on beurocrats for your bread and butter.  :wink:
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft