[Collage] Para Dice (ogg)

Started by Sam_Zen, June 02, 2009, 00:30:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

A mix of material from tapes, hard synth, and tracker patterns.
Para Dice - 8:45

This is supposed to be an environment, as being on a road with activities being at the left and right side.
Plus the sky.

uncloned

this is really good - I very much like your programmatic compositions

A game designer needs to get together with you. I don't' know if you played the original Quake with sounds designed by Trent Reznor. That game had no music - just environment sounds. A game with environments designed by you would be awesome!

The sound of the prop plane is especially realistic - how did you get that sample?

Sam_Zen

Thanks. I like the expression 'programmatic compositions'.

I'm not familiar with Quake. But to design an environment in a game would be a nice commission I think.
Making a default environment is not that difficult, if associated with the visuals at stake.
But the total impression with sound also includes the sounds which are outside the visual panorama.

In this piece there's at the far left some piano-playing in a house, while some couple is making love in the bushes at the extreme right.
Sounds that don't have a relation to each other in the total scene whatsoever. So suggesting more realism.
The plane was recorded with two mikes, at each side of my house.

xaimus

Beautiful.

What is that sound at 5:05!?  It sounds like a synthesized chord, but has enough inharmonicity and grit to be the result of something recorded and manipulated; I'm not sure what to make of it.

Sam_Zen

I'm not sure. I would have to check the original track session, if I still have it.
It seems like a recorded sample containing multiple sounds. Which is used more, with a higher pitch, further on.

If so, it would probably have been made with OMPT. A rendered WAV in the time schedule of the mix-session.

Screaming Egg Notion

odd but very interesting... try playing this at 3/4x the original speed... some really nice tones develop at around 2:00 onwards...

Zaphoid

I wasted my teen years away playing quakeworld.  The days of no responsibilities!

Saga Musix

Nice! I really like those sounds. The plane sounds really nice and realistic, just as it would have been picked up by human ears - good job!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.