1.17.02.53/48 Patterns duplicate and overwrite each other

Started by Forestknight-25N, June 12, 2009, 23:07:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Forestknight-25N

Full Version:

After downloading OpenMPT 1.17.02.53 a problem came up where, after working for awhile on a song (with several channels full of instruments/melodies,) when I save or create a new pattern an existing pattern (usually pattern 0) duplicates and replaces the pattern following it.

In even worse cases pressing play will simply cause the first pattern to repeat endlessly as if I had hit the repeat pattern button. I have a feeling this may have something to do with the pattern break function, but I'm not certain.

It is unpredictable how often it happens...sometimes when I hit save it will save just fine, other times this bug will happen. And unfortunately, I do not know exactly how to reproduce this bug step-by-step, but just try creating a song with pattern breaks, then saving/creating new patterns repeatedly as you work.

Regards,
-FK25N
Don't go, there's a dimensional shambler waiting at the DOS prompt!

Saga Musix

In even worse cases pressing play will simply cause the first pattern to repeat endlessly as if I had hit the repeat pattern button.
Do you have a module to demonstrate this? I have never come across a bug like this, and I've been using all beta versions for a really long time.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Forestknight-25N"After downloading OpenMPT 1.17.02.53 a problem came up...
What was the previous version, i.e. a version where this did not happen?

Quote from: "Forestknight-25N"when I save or create a new pattern an existing pattern (usually pattern 0) duplicates and replaces the pattern following it.
So you have sequence such as [0  1  2], you save the file, and the sequence becomes [0  0  2]? This sounds very odd; with what module type the problem occurs?

Forestknight-25N

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"
What was the previous version, i.e. a version where this did not happen?

As far as I know it was .48, the one I've been using for a couple weeks before .53 came out (I only recently switched from ModPlug to OpenMPT.) But this was the first time I had composed a song with a 3/3 beat (requiring the pattern to be broken at line 48 so I use a lot of pattern breaks,) and only then did it happen. Previously my songs have used pattern breaks, position jumps, tempo/speed tweaks and all those global (dark red) effects and nothing bad has happened. So the problem could've been all along I just hadn't noticed it until I worked on this particular song.

So you have sequence such as [0  1  2], you save the file, and the sequence becomes [0  0  2]? This sounds very odd; with what module type the problem occurs?

I've been using the IT format (my new favorite) and yes, sometimes the numbers become that way...in fact, that is EXACTLY how it appeared at least once. The other times I am not precisely sure, because I was too caught up in the upset of my song being ruined by this glitch.

And like I said before, worst case scenario is where the normal "play" command causes the very first pattern to loop endlessly rather than going on to the next pattern. This hasn't been seeming to happen since I went back to using .48 in an attempt to reverse the damage.
Don't go, there's a dimensional shambler waiting at the DOS prompt!

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Forestknight-25N"I've been using the IT format (my new favorite) and yes, sometimes the numbers become that way...in fact, that is EXACTLY how it appeared at least once. The other times I am not precisely sure, because I was too caught up in the upset of my song being ruined by this glitch.
So it only changes the sequence but the actual pattern is still available, i.e. you can replace [0  0  2] with [0  1  2] and everything works as before? If so, what happens if you replace the changed sequence item with the correct pattern index (0 -> 1 in that example) and save immediately after that?

Quote from: "Forestknight-25N"And like I said before, worst case scenario is where the normal "play" command causes the very first pattern to loop endlessly rather than going on to the next pattern.
And "Loop pattern"(pattern tab) is not enabled? What is the "Loop Song"(general tab) setting?