What is DFD + Kontakt?

Started by Winter, June 06, 2009, 17:11:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Winter

What happens when I activate the slow render function while exporting to a wav-file?

What is DFD + Kontakt anyway :?:

psishock

QuoteWhat happens when I activate the slow render function while exporting to a wav-file?
The internet and the tracker will self destruct after the rendering process. It's a not recommended feature because of the obvious reasons. :D (in short, i haven't got a slightest idea "exactly" what is happening in the process)

QuoteWhat is DFD + Kontakt anyway Question
Kontakt is a sampler VSTi from Native Instruments. I have no idea what stands for DFD, but if you don't know, you wont need it, and you'll be pretty much fine with regular render speeds.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

DFD also seems to be a plugin from Native Instruments (thank you, almighty google!). Nothing happens to "normal" plugins, but it will sure be a waste of time if you use this render mode.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

And to answer the question:

If you do use those plugins, you might get weird sound on the output if you don't check this. Checking the setting will slow down the render alot, but it will ensure that the sound is as it was ment to be.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

KrazyKatz

Ahem...

DFD means Direct from disk. Since Kontakt libraries can get get pretty big and chew up a lot of resources, you might find that certain instruments cut out every now and then when using a lot.

This option slows the rendering process tremendously, but will also ensure that there are no cutouts and artifacts in the event that you are using up too many resources to handle all the instruments.

I've needed to use the option ;).
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Winter

Hm..
I still don't quite get it..
Do you mean: slow render = better quality?
If yes, is the difference hearable?

psishock

He tried to say that if you get "weird/unexpected" output with normal render, only then should you use the slow one. It wont mean "better" sound quality at all and in most of the cases you wont need this option, but with certain VSTi's, you may.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

It will most likely ONLY affect Kontakt. That's the point. Slow render has the same quality as fast render for all other effects.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Winter

bvanoudtshoorn

Oh, and as far as I know, this doesn't really apply to Kontakt 3. Or maybe my specced-up machine can just finally handle Kontakt 3 properly. :)