HELP! Sample keeps playing when using keyboard

Started by hoodie232, June 05, 2009, 16:44:07

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodie232

If I click A on the keyboard for a C-5 note in Patterns-Channel, the sample keeps on playing until the end without holding it. It doesn't work when I hold A (sample plays) and then letting A go (sample stops).

It all changed when I updated the latest Tracker.

How can I use that option again?

LPChip

Quote from: "hoodie232"If I click A on the keyboard for a C-5 note in Patterns-Channel, the sample keeps on playing until the end without holding it. It doesn't work when I hold A (sample plays) and then letting A go (sample stops).

It all changed when I updated the latest Tracker.

How can I use that option again?

As far as I know, this is standard behavor. Please note that pressing a key in the sample window always plays it continiously, while playing a note in the instrument tab plays it for as long as you hold the note down.

In the pattern area, you need to place a note-cut or note-off to stop a note from playing (^^ and ==)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

hoodie232

I don't mean when you Play the Pattern area, but placing the notes in the Pattern area.

I just want to click a key to place a note without hearing the whole sample play. Unless I want to hear it, by holding the key. Just like the previous version of Modplug Tracker.

Is there no way to switch that function on/off?

LPChip

Quote from: "hoodie232"I don't mean when you Play the Pattern area, but placing the notes in the Pattern area.

I just want to click a key to place a note without hearing the whole sample play. Unless I want to hear it, by holding the key. Just like the previous version of Modplug Tracker.

Ah! This is default behavor, but if you want to change that, yes, you can do that.

You'll need to change the config in the keyboard manager. Change the On Key Down to on Key Hold. It'll be a bit of work, but thats a way to fix it.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "hoodie232"I just want to click a key to place a note without hearing the whole sample play. Unless I want to hear it, by holding the key. Just like the previous version of Modplug Tracker.

I'm afraid it is not possible to turn it off in 1.17.02.53. The behaviour was changed in 1.17.02.50 (appeared in January 2008) so that instruments would play better in note preview(for example when using release node in volume envelope), but I don't recall that anyone would have notified about this defect until now.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "hoodie232"How can I use that option again?
In 1.17.02.54 it can be enabled from setup->General.