OpenMPT 1.17.02.53 released

Started by Relabsoluness, June 04, 2009, 16:25:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Does this version work better than the previous you were using?

Yes, much better
4 (28.6%)
Yes, slightly better
6 (42.9%)
Works pretty much the same as previous version
3 (21.4%)
No, slightly worse
1 (7.1%)
No, much worse
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: June 04, 2009, 16:25:28

Rakib

Can any one explain to me this parameters:
0 0 8 8192

Must say the quality isn't that good with those settings.
^^

Saga Musix

just point your mouse over the input area to see what the values means...

also: there is no setting to fit all time-stretching needs. especially window sizes (last values) have to be changed a lot when working with different samples.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Rakib"Can any one explain to me this parameters:
0 0 8 8192
See this.

emil1977

Yes yes yes!!! I long time wait for new version. Thanks very much to authors.

maleek

Reading this list of improvements got me exited. Will I be able to "bind" or otherwise choose to change vst-parameters live into the pattern editor?

That would certainly put my M-Audio Trigger Finger to some excellent use.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "maleek"Will I be able to "bind" or otherwise choose to change vst-parameters live into the pattern editor?
Partly. Currently the closest option is to
1) record MIDI controller change as smooth MIDI macro command(setup->MIDI)
2) use MIDI mapping(view->MIDI mapping) to set this MIDI control to edit the correct VST parameter.

First part records the changes to pattern(right channel macro must be set manually) but does not modify the VST parameters, and the second part modifies the VST parameters but doesn't record the change to pattern.

maleek

Relabsoluness:

Thanks for explaining this to me. From what I understand then is that I will be able to indirectly record my input onto the patters, only if I set the appropriate midi macro, choosing which effect and which parameter in advance. That is good enough for me, and quite an achievement in its own right. :)

Of course, if it were fully automatic it would be even easier. But this does open up for some very interesting ways to route OMPT with hardware still.