[Chillout/Ambient] Clockwork (MP3)

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, May 24, 2009, 07:11:28

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

This track is rather unusual for me; it doesn't really fall into any of my usual styles. I personally find it quite relaxing, especially when I listen to it with headphones. Perhaps it's a bit too relaxing: my wife had to go and have a nap after she heard the complete piece. :)

Let me know what you think about it -- any and all opinions are, as always, more than welcome.

Listen online
Download

KrazyKatz

Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

bvanoudtshoorn

Sorry! I've fixed the error. :/ Thanks for letting me know so quickly. :)

uncloned

very nice - it sounds like you incorporated a touch of Phillip Glass.

Sam_Zen

Indeed quite unusual for you, Barry. Nice to see you explore new perspectives.

In this area, I think the introduction of the 'tingy' sound from 1:40 on is a bit misplaced. And slightly off-tune I must say.
Things like this doesn't always need some lead on top.

Nahkranoth

I was ready for this :D
As always, when you go exploring, it's not far wrom where you already are, Barry, please don't read it as critique, I want to say that there is always BvO™ sound :D
It suits very well to the rain outside my window :P

bvanoudtshoorn

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

@Uncloned: Interesting... Is it the use of ostinati, or is there something more Glass-like in there that I subconsciously did? :)

@Sam_Zen: Yes, I do enjoy exploring a bit. :) I see what you mean about not necessarily introducing a lead, but I'm not sure that I would necessarily have done it differently. You see, I'm in the process of writing an album, and this is one of the points of continuity. If I ever get the album done. :)

@Nahkranoth: Haha -- I guess that having a 'trademark sound' isn't really such a bad thing. But just you wait, Nahkranoth -- one of these days, I'm gonna surprise you. :D

Thanks again, Uncloned, Sam_Zen, and Nahkranoth, for the listen and feedback -- it's fantastic, as always. :)

Sam_Zen

QuoteI'm in the process of writing an album, and this is one of the points of continuity.
This explains it. An album is a composition as well, an order, with certain cuts, silences or other transitions.

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"But just you wait, Nahkranoth -- one of these days, I'm gonna surprise you. :D
Oh yeah? Bring it on! :D

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

Alan Parsons lives! Easily a piece that could have appeared on the "Eye in the Sky" album. Definitely intriguing for me, as this would have been a well-produced instrumental in the 1980s. Not saying it's retro, it just reminds one of such. But it never does develop. I was waiting for the drum line to come in and strengthen the song but it just faded back to its roots...Still nice though.

uncloned

Hi Barry - it is the longest ostinato motive - it blends into a tone cloud - much like I've heard in the little bit of Phillip Glass I do have (music with changing parts).