introducing Nickythenose

Started by nickythenose, January 22, 2006, 21:37:33

Previous topic - Next topic

nickythenose

hi there, just a quick note to say hello. I was introuced to Modplug software about a year dn a half ago (I am 31 now) and wanted to get really good at it, but various things such as work, studies and the like got in the way of me getting experience, for alot of other reasons, I quit the studies and left the job, i got into CGI and have learned it to a reasonable degree and am going self employed as a rather basic CGI artist http://www.bespoke3d.com . however, I now need another form of artistic creative mind mess to help me through my days.

Now for many months I was unable to find the modplug website and so had very little in the line of extra modular stimulation appart from the ones that I had downloaded ages before. I am now glad the site seems to be workign again and everything is cool.

Now, i learned the CGI stuff through participating on a certian forum dedicated to CGI, I am hoping to return to my musical education here on the Modplug site.

You may have to bear with me. My musical eduaction is slight (piano lessons when i was a kid, playing tin whistle in bars and the like) I have a very basic midi keyboard (of kiddie toy type) and a list of the scales on my bedroom wall!

So I am hoping to learn more and more about music and tracking through asking shed loads of dum questions.

Thanking you in advance for your patience in this matter.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

speed-goddamn-focus

stay a while, stay forever!

Sam_Zen

Welcome.
Never mind knowledge of the western musical notations or protocols. You work with cgi, so I would say :
tranfer your sound-ideas by finding the right codes in MPT to express them.

Squirrel Havoc

Dude, I would have to say have some fun and do whatever you want. Screw what everyone else says :) :P
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

LPChip

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"Dude, I would have to say have some fun and do whatever you want. Screw what everyone else says :) :P

He doesn't say it, but he means me :lol:

Welcome bytheway!
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

nickythenose

thanks all. I feel most welcome.

Anyone thought of doing a piece of music and me doing some CG video for you and your music? It would be good practice for me and may help sell your records

Matt Hartman

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Welcome.
Never mind knowledge of the western musical notations or protocols

Here here. I say blast it all to hell, pick up the remaining pieces, eat them, shite them out then bury them in a deep grave. Maybe something good can come out of that.
Yeah, sure. Right. Whatever.

LPChip

Quote from: "nickythenose"thanks all. I feel most welcome.

Anyone thought of doing a piece of music and me doing some CG video for you and your music? It would be good practice for me and may help sell your records

Sounds cool. I'll keep me recommended as soon as I'm getting more free time.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs