[Easy Listening] Lonelyness (.mp3)

Started by LPChip, May 21, 2009, 09:25:47

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

I was feeling lonely, and decided to play the piano once more.

I went to a big and nearly empty storage room to record this. I really like how the reverb emprases the fact that I was lonelly there. The accoustic is great. I haven't moved the mike that far away from the piano to ensure that the reverb isn't overpowering. About 3 meters away actually. The storage room is about 20 meters by I think 80 meters or so.

The song itself has become great too. I really hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :)

You can download the song here.
The song is 6:30 minutes long.
Its written in the style of Easy Listening.
And the filesize is 6.1 mb.

Please give me feedback and comments. :)

PS. If you really believed that this was recorded in a storage room, haha! Gotcha. VST plugin ftw!
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

TheEagle

Well, when the song was over, I reopened my eyes, dropped my headphones, took a deep breath and thought simply 'WOW'....
This is a very, very beautiful song. You really made my day, man... :wink:

I really hate to say it and I'm feeling a bit ashamed, but there is one (technical) thing I have to criticize: I recognized some distortions here and there. Maybe the record-level was a bit too high?

However, this is definitely one of most beautiful songs (for me) I ever heard in this forum...

Great work, LPChip!

LPChip

I think the distortion comes from the reverb, which I set like this to make it sound more natural (as if the sound bounces against walls and obstacles.

But thanks that you like it so much. :) Feels great. :D
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Sorry, LP, not my piece of cake. Melodically too obvious to my taste..

But not entirely, the feeling still came up after ~4:26.

LPChip

Thats okay. No hard feelings.

It is afterall an entire improvisation. :)

uncloned

nice piece LP
- would you mind if I played with adding to it?

not sure what - I heard guitar and strings

Sam_Zen

Nice, I would like to hear the combination.

On the SoOn forum by Clones it has happened before. Contributions of other members to a composition.
Some solo at a certain point, or adding percussion in some parts.

The technical trick is simple : just start recording the contribution from the start of the song.
Even if it takes first 2 mins of silence. Then the WAV or FLAC file can be added in sync with the tracksmix-session.

LPChip

No problem. :) Just show me what you've got. :)

uncloned

Ok LP

Sam are you offering mix it down?

TheEagle

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Nice, I would like to hear the combination.

Me too...  :wink:

Sam_Zen

Quoteare you offering mix it down?
Yep, sure. I would love to.

uncloned