Ability to see your filter setting

Started by Rakib, May 19, 2009, 11:12:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakib

The name of the topic is a bit wrong but didn't find a better way to explain it.
I want to see when I'm the instrument tab and working with filter settings and see which macro setting I have to use to get the equlient setting in the pattern.
^^

Saga Musix

I fear this can't be done. The filter envelope always works the same way, but you can configure your midi macros as you want, you can map every single value to a different function, and it doesn't even have to be a filter.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

How about giving it a value between 1 - 128/0 -127
^^

g

Quote from: "Jojo"I fear this can't be done. The filter envelope always works the same way, but you can configure your midi macros as you want, you can map every single value to a different function, and it doesn't even have to be a filter.
It could be done for the default macro, Z00-Z7F for cutoff and Z80 to Z8F (or is it Z80 to ZFF? I have the memory of a goldfish) for resonance. If the default macro isn't used, it just wastes a little space. Theoretically, I suppose it's even possible to check what the default macro (macro 0 (SF0) to keep things simple)) is and display accordingly?

Saga Musix

That's the problem, AFAIK modplug's default configuration for res filters is Z80 to ZFF, however in IT it's Z80 to Z8F. If I just did this for the default setup, this would confuse people a lot.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

g

Quote from: "Jojo"That's the problem, AFAIK modplug's default configuration for res filters is Z80 to ZFF, however in IT it's Z80 to Z8F. If I just did this for the default setup, this would confuse people a lot.
Or you could fit both. Z80-Z8F and Z80-ZFF beneath the top slider and Z00-Z7F and frequency beneath the lower slider.

Most of the time when people get confused they are just about to learn something new, so confusing them a lot certainly has potential. Perhaps hovering over respective number could show a help balloon like on the buttons? "Shows filter setting for controlling resonance with Z80-Z8F" kind of.