1.17.02.53 available for testing

Started by Relabsoluness, May 17, 2009, 21:55:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

Quote from: "g"The newest version with the latest update is usually the most secure version
Newest versions also often add unwanted, or even unasked, extra apps along with the security patch.
I prefer to have my safety dependent of personal alertness, caution, and then the setting of my firewall.
So I take the risk of being counter productive at the cost of some own extra effort.

So far, '.53' works fine on XP - SP2 by the way.

Really Weird Person

I suppose if Sam_Zen was going to upgrade because he is looking for features, he might as well upgrade to Windows 7, which has just a few extra features that Windows XP does not have :lol: That is kind of a joke because Windows 7 [as well as its predicessor, Windows Vista] is almost completely different looking than Windows XP. Windows 7 looks different form Windows Vista even [slightly], but it is most definitely different in look from Windows XP [although they do both use a blue color scheme].

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "g"Question, what are the "parameters" used when timestretching?
SequenceMs, SeekWindowMs, OverLapMs, ProcessStepLength (zero value means default)
(these should appear in tooltip window when leaving mouse pointer on top of the parameter edit box for a while)
Explanations for the three first ones(fourth is less important, only performance-related parameter) can be found from the SoundTouch readme.

Sam_Zen

2 RWP : I'm just not looking for extra features or different looks.

Harbinger

All this time i thought nothing was being done, you two were grinding away at the machine! :D

Thanks especially for including the "b" character for the pattern entries. Now i can show Db tunings with my songs!

Very anxious to test this version out! Even if it turns out to be buggy, thanks at the very least for the changes, Relab & Jojo! We'll report what we find!  :wink:

Sam_Zen

Quoteincluding the "b" character for the pattern entries. Now i can show Db tunings with my songs!
Hold on. The "b" character ? "Db tunings" ? Tell me more please..

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"
Quoteincluding the "b" character for the pattern entries. Now i can show Db tunings with my songs!
Hold on. The "b" character ? "Db tunings" ? Tell me more please..

Db would be the same as C#.

Harbinger already made a tuning and used a weird char to represent the b part, cus he doesn't like the # one that much. Now he can complete it.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

bvanoudtshoorn

Nice work -- I've only find one regression (which I've already put in the 'bugs' forum).

How exactly does one go about changing the enharmonic spelling of a note from # to b?

Saga Musix

Seems to work fine on Vista 64-bit so far... Even with ASIO4All :)
Only weird thing I found so far is that the plugin dropdown menu on the instrument tab seem to vanish all the time... clicking on the "invisible" menu makes it visible again, though.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"How exactly does one go about changing the enharmonic spelling of a note from # to b?

Look at this, except now we have the "b" so use that instead of "\".

Sam_Zen

Ah, now I see, the 'b' being in my vocabulary a 'bes'..

anboi

have been doing all the same stuff as usual for a good ten hours or so with this version and is all rock solid, not seen any new bugs from regular use and i think it's fixed one i could never track down that made some plugins detune randomly. thanks! amazing version as far as i'm concerned!

Sam_Zen

Relabsoluness

1.17.02.53 is now 'officially' released. The executable in the release is the same as in the test version that was available here, but there are small changes in the release package. Thanks to bug reporters, testers and other people who have had their important role in the process.

Really Weird Person

The new file does not appear to work. Here are the errors that I receive.
Error 1 (from WinRAR):  
Error 2 (from Windows Explorer):