[dark synth] Isolation (mp3) (EQ fixed)

Started by TheEagle, May 11, 2009, 16:47:01

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEagle

Hi everybody.

Well, this is a real sad one:

Isolation

Of course, the main-melody and the song's structure is as simple as always, but personally I like this slightly "dark mood"...

Greetings
The Eagle

Note:
Click here for the EQ-fixed version...

Nahkranoth

Count me in, Eagle! I like the mood created by this track too. And that powerful guitar squeal is like the cry of a man caught within a cage of isolation. Very cool track, if a little muddy sounding (at least in my headphones), I may be wrong tho, will listen with a different pair tomorrow.

Sam_Zen

Got another pair, but a bit muddy indeed.
But a bit of EQ-ing up from the middle band makes quite a difference, hearing a good song.

By the way, can anyone tell me why it is necessary to have these 10 numbers leading a filename at the MDC ?

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"By the way, can anyone tell me why it is necessary to have these 10 numbers leading a filename at the MDC ?
+1 This question bothers me for half a year already, but everytime I forget to ask.

TheEagle

Thank you both for your feedbacks.

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"By the way, can anyone tell me why it is necessary to have these 10 numbers leading a filename at the MDC ?
If I should guess I would say that these numbers represent a kind of fingerprint, hashcode or something like this. But I'm not sure...

Saga Musix

It's simply an UNIX timestamp.

Quote from: "echo date('Y-m-d H:i:s', 1242059476);"2009-05-11 18:31:16.

BTW: Download server seems to be unresponsive right now, so I gotta try again later.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

TheEagle

Quote from: "Jojo"BTW: Download server seems to be unresponsive right now, so I gotta try again later.

Until the problem with the MPC-server is solved, you may use this mirror. :wink:

Saga Musix

The mid-range and treble could need a boost indeed. Nice tune, although it's not 100% my cup of tea.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Thanks Jojo. But still wonder, is it necessary ? Some indexing maybe ?

Saga Musix

As I don't know the sourcecode I don't know how it's being used. It could be used as an unique ID, for example. By changing some HTTP headers, this could be hidden to the user, though.

Sam_Zen

Yep, you hit my point. It may be necessary in the process, but the string could be skipped in the end.

uncloned

nice guitar work - sounds like a movie track.

TheEagle

Thanks for listening and commenting Mr Uncloned.

TheEagle

QuoteBut a bit of EQ-ing up from the middle band makes quite a difference
QuoteThe mid-range and treble could need a boost indeed
Done! :wink: