[podcast] Unreleased Treasures p.1 (mp3)

Started by Louigi Verona, May 08, 2009, 19:38:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Louigi Verona

A podcast I recorded to show you some of my unreleased and incomplete tunes.

Download it from here (40Mb):
http://www.cathyportal.ru/files/podcast1.mp3

Or try it at Archive.org
http://www.archive.org/details/UnreleasedTreasuresPart1

Warning: at first when the voice sounds the music is a bit too loud. Don't worry - it'll go like that only for a minute and then the volume levels will be fixed and you will hear clearly the voice.

Sam_Zen

According to the forum protocol you definitely should have mentioned the size of this file : 40 Mb

Louigi Verona

Sorry, had no idea of such protocol. Though podcasts are rarely smaller than that if they have music in them.

Sam_Zen

Me sorry. I thought it was mentioned in the sticky about posting, but it ain't.

Louigi Verona

Sam_Zen

Not yet. The same prob as with reviewing a complete album.
I will have to make time free for some 45 mins to listen.

uncloned

heh... I'm going through old stuff for a friend and guess what I found...

an excellent piece from 2002 named It's A Lovely Morningby an artist named Louigi Verona... and it certainly is not drone :-)

Louigi Verona

hehe. that's certainly an oldie )

yeah, I turned to ambient and drone only in 2006 - only three years ago. Actually, around that time in 2006 I started my first ambient experiments, did the Daydream Sessions.

But although sometimes people say that my older melodic stuff is not bad (or sometimes they say it is good) it did not bring me an artistic satisfaction. Somehow I always felt its lacking something, the music I did. Around 2006 I had to compile a lot of my tunes for a cd for my friend, including drafts and unreleased stuff. It was a period of my life when I got involved with folk music, live music and did not compose much at all. So I took a listen to most of the music I did and felt that this is music that nobody would want to listen to, to store in their collection, that all of it is a bunch of mediocre music available everywhere. It did not depress me though, it was a feeling of liberation. And it helped me turn myself in what I believe to be the right direction for me.

I wonder if all of the above is of interest to anyone but myself )

Sam_Zen

A nice illustration about how it's not possible to choose a style at the start, but one just have to work freely to establish a 'personal' style.
A process out of control, it just turns out to be something. Which could be labelled again of course as some style, but..

uncloned

I'm interested of course.

this is a happy little tune - but if it doesn't speak your soul then its not you I suppose.