On EASILY synchronizing WAV samples to OMPT tempo/MIDI Clock

Started by AmericanDiamond, May 07, 2009, 06:00:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Diamond"It's perfectly doable.  MadTracker, Psycle and other trackers have had this capability for quite some time now.
Just because one tracker can do something, that doesn't mean that it is super-easy to add this feature to another tracker as well. Just because OpenMPT has instrument-specific tuning, that doesn't imply that it's super-easy to add it to MT2 for example.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Diamond

Quote from: "psishock"yea. we have tons of requested "important" features, but we have two, more or less active developers. :P
So instead of waiting for some uncertain time after feature upgrade releases, it's a better idea to find good alternatives and solutions for our problems, and be able to go on, with producing something =)

LOL I stopped waiting a long time ago, but it's good to remind the developers every once in a while.

Diamond

Quote from: "Jojo"
Quote from: "Diamond"It's perfectly doable.  MadTracker, Psycle and other trackers have had this capability for quite some time now.
Just because one tracker can do something, that doesn't mean that it is super-easy to add this feature to another tracker as well. Just because OpenMPT has instrument-specific tuning, that doesn't imply that it's super-easy to add it to MT2 for example.

I don't believe that I stated or implied anything about the difficulty level of adding such a feature.  I simply stated that it was doable.

psishock

Quotebut it's good to remind the developers every once in a while.
nah, don't do that, it's one of the most annoying thing to do for them (just as saying "its easy to do/implement"). :P
they are fully aware of the requested bug and feature stuff, they are luring on those parts of the forums, most of the time. =)
Nagging them makes angry developers, instead of more producing ones. :P

Especially Jojo is very aggressive, he feeds on raw meat, from time to time.  :shock:
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

uncloned

Quote from: psishock

Especially Jojo is very aggressive, he feeds on raw meat, from time to time.  :shock:

That's why he's been taking bites out of people - Someone should feed him more often   :P

Diamond

Quote from: "psishock"
Quotebut it's good to remind the developers every once in a while.
nah, don't do that, it's one of the most annoying thing to do for them (just as saying "its easy to do/implement").

Sorry, it's in the nature of users to request improvements and of course we all have our priorities.  As long as you don't get carried away, there's nothing wrong with reminding the developers once in a while.  A friendly reminder every couple of years is certainly not nagging.  And I said nothing about it being easy to do or implement.

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Diamond"I don't believe that I stated or implied anything about the difficulty level of adding such a feature.  I simply stated that it was doable.
I did not say that. It was merely a general hint, because I hear the typical "Tracker x has that, why does OpenMPT not have it?" thing often enough.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

Pcycle is open source, so maybe other than jojo could look at the source and see how it is done there. But again there are other features I want to see coming to mpt before this one.
^^