Splitting the free music downloads?

Started by Saga Musix, May 03, 2009, 16:40:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Nahkranoth

Barry, you can sorta manage with this -tracker- issue by using different pattern lengths throughout composing, but it would be much better if there was the ability to choose different row highlighting for diff. patterns. So that you could actually see what measures you have in the patterns.
Time to make a request, what you guys think? Is it easy to do?

rncekel

Hummm. I stopped using other-than-OMPT things (like midi, traditional instruments or tapes) some 6 years ago. So, all of my music from then (even pieces that sound more or less "classical") are made with OMPT. And most of it isn't in 4/4, but rather in 13/8, 7/8, 15/8, 21/8 and a mix of all. It isn't easiest to work with OMPT in 4/4 than in any of these bars. By defect, OMPT will start with a pattern 64 rows long. But if I make it to be, for example 52 (good to write in 13/8 ), the next pattern I add will be also 52 rows long. So, it is a matter of taste (or laziness) to write in 4/4 rather than in any other bar.

Nahkranoth

It's not a problem to write in different measures, but the row highlighting can be confusing when you use different measures in your composition, since it's impossible to use different row hilites in one module. I hope I'm clear now :D

LPChip

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"It's not a problem to write in different measures, but the row highlighting can be confusing when you use different measures in your composition, since it's impossible to use different row hilites in one module. I hope I'm clear now :D

Oh, but it is.. You just can't save them all. You manually need to change it when working on a part.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

bvanoudtshoorn

Quote from: "LPChip"Oh, but it is.. You just can't save them all. You manually need to change it when working on a part.

Which is far from ideal. :)

Sam_Zen

I use the same method as rncekel for other time signatures, like 56 rows for 7/8.
In this way, the row resolution is still a multiple of 4 cq 8. So no prob with the highlighting.

Nahkranoth

And if I want to switch continuously between 4/4 and 3/6, what then? *celebrating victory*

uncloned

you write in 18/12 and change the emphasis as needed.

smokes Nahkranoth with one fell blow.   :twisted:

Nahkranoth

*spitting out some random tooth*
But what about my precious highlights? :D
[EDIT]
Oh wait, I know:
"Stick it in yer ...", right? :P