An interesting album - sound music

Started by Louigi Verona, May 03, 2009, 06:33:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Louigi Verona

Hey! Just today an interesting album had been released on Disc Shelf and it reminded me of Sam Zen's work so I thought it would be curious to many of you. I am personally very amazed by this work, because it is actually very good. It's been a long time since I actually enjoyed a record of that sort.

http://www.disc-shelf.com/?album=104

Tell me of your impressions.

residentgrey

jack eat new family interesting
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

Louigi Verona

residentgrey

One of the other artists, when ya see mario, you HAVE to listen! LOL

Teragan34 has some interesting textures.
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

Sam_Zen

Well, you made me curious of course, Louigi..
Downloading files from Disc Shelf takes some time, and demands a specific protocol, but I will give it an ear.

Louigi Verona

Sam, can't you listen online?
Anyway, n need to go through all that trouble if you have no opportunity to listen online - here's a direct link for download:

http://www.qulture.ru/?download=mp3_59

Sam_Zen

Of course I can listen online, but, I've explained this before, I prefer to download tracks first on my HD,
and then listen to them for a review on a moment that suits me.

And it's not a matter of trouble. I figure out how to do it, and memorize my own protocol of actions.

Louigi Verona

Anyway, would be interested in your opinion on this work.

psishock

I could spot some similarities to Sam's work 2, but his usually aiming to a more experimental approach. This is still quite rhythmic, compared to his works. :D
I love the adlib-like FM sounds in some these songs.

One last thing LV, can you please keep these album/song posts in their proper forums? We have only two community ones, this should b for gerenal/technical chatter, let's keep things organized as much is possible, to avoid even more chaos.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Sam_Zen

Psi is right. It's not just an announcement, but you ask for an opinion, so it should be in the obvious forum.

Louigi Verona

I thought about putting it into downloads forum, but I thought it is appropriate to put there if you deliver your own material. I wanted to talk music here, not put out a download - and in downloads forum you have to write style of album and it also goes automatically into your profile under releases so putting this thread there is out of the question since I am not "releasing" this album and I haven't written it.

psishock

You can make a (small) comment in these album/song posts (even in the title) that will make it clear, if it's not your personal release. Uncloned posted many SoOn stuff, and even encouraged their artist to register here and talk about their/others music. It won't effect his artist "style/quality", but in other hand, it's good for the community. Anyway, our "tradition" would b, if one wants to talk about music releases, clicks on the music downloads forums, we've talked about very variable album/song topics there, you can c that even yourself. General forums should b for any non-album/song related discussions. As i've said, we have only 2 community ones, let us keep, at least, this border between them.

Louigi Verona

I am for that too, but are you sure it will not get to my "releases" on my profile?

Well, anyway, in the future I'll do as you advice, and if LPChip can move this topic, it would be good.

Sam_Zen

Yep, I wondered about the profile releases too.

psishock

Quote from: "LV"I am for that too, but are you sure it will not get to my "releases" on my profile?
since it's automated, i'm sure it will. But, as i've said, you can put an indicator in the title (it's displayed in your profile 2) to make it clear, that it's not your personal release, example:
[nice genre] album name (.mp3) - my friend's work
or something similar, and put additional comments in the body of the comment if needed/wanted. I am aware that the system is not perfect, but since LP gave us this, we have to work with what we have. ::)