[Orchestral] Dauntless (MP3)

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, June 18, 2009, 11:49:21

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

As you might have noticed, if you listen to much of my orchestral music, I really like writing epic, syncopated scores with great big horn melodies (and little flute ones) that float above rapid, percussive strings and brass. Well, here's another example of that. :)

This piece is a rondo in D minor. Let me know what you think!
Listen online
Download

Nahkranoth

So this is the track that was supposed to amaze me? (I still remember your promise, mwahaha!!1) :twisted:

[16:28, GMT+2] Download started
[16:28, GMT+2] Downloading...\
[16:29, GMT+2] Dummy mode on
[16:29, GMT+2] echo "I'm too tired, gotta get drunk like russian schweine"
[16:30, GMT+2] Log off

uncloned

as I said on TiS - sounds like a James Bond theme

KrazyKatz

Great stuff Barry. The only thing I notice with your Orchestral works is you leave the samples very dry. I think a Reverb on each instrument to let the instruments sit back will really gel them together as a united front. Nice composition.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

bvanoudtshoorn

@Nahkranoth:
Haha, maybe not so much this track. :) But that 'surprising' track is on its way, don't you worry.

@Clones:
Haha, yeah, I see what you mean. :)

@KrazyKatz:
Yeah, I guess I do tend towards very light reverb. :/ There is actually a convolution applied to everything (in the master sends), but, yeah, it is quite light. I might fatten it up a bit and see how the mix sounds. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Nahkranoth

Well, after I listened to it a couple of times I can say that though it's not THAT track, it amazed me :D
As always, I like your percussions, but that hand drums (whaddaya call 'em?) don't really fit here with all the orchestral things going on IMO, but it's just my preference.
Especially I like the moment where the bells come in :welldone:

uncloned

Barry you may enjoy this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3BRFYc9LOw

Paul Hindemith conducts (his) Concert Music for Strings and Brass, Op. 50 (excerpt)

lots o' brass!

TheEagle

Amazing symphonic piece. Personally I like the "bells-part" most.....
Great work, bvanoudtshoorn....

bvanoudtshoorn

@Nahkranoth:
Haha, I'm glad you enjoyed it despite it not being THAT track. :D

@uncloned:
Nice -- yeah, I do like it! :D Brass is always fun.

@TheEagle:
Thanks, TheEagle! Good to hear that you liked it.

Thanks for the listens and the feedback, everyone. Much appreciated.