a question about the sampler...

Started by Blulum, January 22, 2006, 03:17:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Blulum

I normally hate to ask such questions but there seems to be no help file =/

anyway, I'm pretty new to tracking as I used to use FL studio and mostly used a lot of soundfonts and VSTi's, can anyone give me any specifics on tuning samples in modplug? Other than "moving the transpose key changes it" I'm rather lost.

Waxhead

A instrument is linked to one or more samples. You have to tune in the samples tab. There is a editfield named Freq. (Hz) try playing with that and good luck ;)

Blulum

ok, I sort of figured that'd have something to do with it. I'm really more curious about the specifics of how the frequency and transpose functions relate to each other, although I should be good for now anyway.

LPChip

Quote from: "Blulum"ok, I sort of figured that'd have something to do with it. I'm really more curious about the specifics of how the frequency and transpose functions relate to each other, although I should be good for now anyway.

The transpose key function are just predefined frequencies. Usually these are perfect to use so you can make sure they're the same as others. Unfortunatelly they don't always work out and you need to finetune them.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Blulum

Thanks, I still don't entirely have the hang of it but experimentation has helped, at least I've picked up a lot of the rest of it fairly easily :)