[Remix / Synthpop] Amegas (IT, OGG)

Started by Saga Musix, May 01, 2009, 23:48:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

It is said that Amegas is the first MOD that has ever been written. If anything, then this is a good reason to make a remix of this cool track. :-) It is recommended to use ModPlug together with the "Microgater" plugin.

EDIT: Stupid me :P
http://sagamusix.de/download/amegas_remix/
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

TheEagle

I remember this song very well. It came with the intro (created by a group called "Unit A") from the old Amiga flight-simulation-game "F/A-18 Interceptor".

bvanoudtshoorn

If anyone's looking for the links, here they are:

Download MP3 version
Download IT version

I'll comment on the track in a tick, once I've had a listen. :)

bvanoudtshoorn

It's been a while since we've had a release from you, Jojo, but it's been worth the wait. :) I really like this track. The 'tracked' sound of the piece is quite enjoyable -- it's a good fusion between the 'modern' sound and 'classic' tracked pieces. My only criticism would be that there's a bit too much lower end: it dominates a bit, and makes things a bit muddy. Everything else is fantastic! :D

Saga Musix

Thanks Barry and TheEagle. :)
Actually, the tune has first been used in a game called Amegas (some kind of arkanoid clone IIRC, you can read it on wikipedia :P), but it's well possible that it has been (ab)used somewhere else of course.

Barry: Well, it's possible that the bass is rather strong, but I can't check now as I have very crappy speakers here, gotta wait until monday to check again - but sounded ok on my setup. I use the Microgater plugin for a fake sidechain compressor which should reduce the muddiness.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.