[Compo:R]The MODPlug Tracker Compo 2009

Started by LPChip, April 25, 2009, 11:42:17

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

We'll get plenty of time for the next round if people want to.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

I think i'll be focusing on the unrestricted 4 Strings compo on nonstop2k till 1st July (deadline), maybe will able to find a time for even this, cannot tell 4 sure. The second round sounds just fine, ideas are popping out from the head, all the time, till we die, as usual.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Rakib

Quote from: "psishock"I think i'll be focusing on the unrestricted 4 Strings compo on nonstop2k till 1st July (deadline)
Sounds like a nice compo, maybe I'll join you on that. The MODPlug Tracker Compo was my first entry ever on a compo and I liked it a lot.
^^

psishock

Sure, you're welcome matey, and anyone else, who is interested. Bare in mind that its an unrestricted compo, you can use *whatever* it takes to make good stuff, ppl will use every kind of sequencers/trackers, commercial vsti and who knows what, i can work with my full potential also ^^. Will be hard (as usual), but from the other side now.

Rakib

Modplug tracker is enough for me  8)
^^

psishock

That's what i call spirit! Cu there then, ill work in Renoise this time. 8)

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

I honstely suggest shorter compo times. One month is already too much IMHO. Afterall, most people will start working on their tune during the last week or will be done after the first week.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Nice suggestion, Jojo. Although you have to count in several days to organize the material and publishing the result,
before starting a new round.

To stop all speculations about THE : I don't have a hardware MIDI keyboard.

bvanoudtshoorn

If people are interested in a sample-pack compo, I'm happy to put together a sample-pack for the compo. I have some nice ideas about the pack already. :)

I'd also suggest that if plugins are to be used, we decide on a small, freely-available effects pack, such as the Kjhaerhus Audio Classic effects.

LPChip

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"If people are interested in a sample-pack compo, I'm happy to put together a sample-pack for the compo. I have some nice ideas about the pack already. :)

I'd also suggest that if plugins are to be used, we decide on a small, freely-available effects pack, such as the Kjhaerhus Audio Classic effects.

The current compo is nice because its very restricted :) Maybe you can wait with your compo till the current one is finished?

bvanoudtshoorn

Oh, I wasn't trying to start a new compo... Just carry on the current one, but with a different set of restrictions. :)