[Compo:R]The MODPlug Tracker Compo 2009

Started by LPChip, April 25, 2009, 11:42:17

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Quote from: "Rakib"It's removed now and replaced with WavesReverb. Waiting for the go to download the other entries.

Voting is now open! If you participated, you have to vote, otherwise you should've participated XD

Don't forget, you need the latest version of OpenMPT to listen to the tracks. My song for instance doesn't sound well if you use a version prior to .48, as I use RC3 mixmode, and a few features that were introduced in .48.

Get the votepack here!

2 Jojo, see OP.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

g

psishock

i just had to. ^^

Every info is on the "voting.txt". Make a PM to LP and copy your votes with your comments, from the txt file in the voting pack.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

g

I was kind of hoping I wouldn't have to download the votepack...  ::)

LPChip

Quote from: "g"I was kind of hoping I wouldn't have to download the votepack...  ::)

Its a small download, don't worry about that. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

g

Quote from: "LPChip"
Quote from: "g"I was kind of hoping I wouldn't have to download the votepack...  ::)

Its a small download, don't worry about that. :)

I meant I don't want to have to listen to the songs... But it was a joke so nevermind. Of course I'm listening. In fact, I listened to all songs a couple of times (even the ones that are ridiculously long, next compo have 3 minute rule please) and with every listen I find it harder to choose.

machinesmith

HOly Sh*t! What have I gotten myself into! Even Sam_Zen's entry is better produced than mine!  :(

How much time do I have before voting closes?

Sam_Zen

None. You'll need time-travel I'm afraid.
Nice anigif, Psi..

xaimus

LPChip

I really like how this compo is turning out, so I'd like to propose a second round after the voting is finished. :)

Basically, learn from your mistakes and see if you can outdone yourself. :)

Or if you won, can you win again?

machinesmith

I propose to take it one step further and have everyone remix/remake my tune to see how much better it could've been ... hmm .. on that line maybe I should take someone ELSE's tune from the compo and work on giving it a new twist...a remix compo of the orignal compo

(you could be REALLY evil and force the participants of the orignial competition to remix the tunes they ranked the least - just for the challenge!)

PS - if you Do decide to go ahead with that cockamamie idea then can I recast my vote? I'd like to place it in reverse order! If not then I gladly self disqualify myself from the 2nd compo if its ever based on aforementioned idea!

Rakib

I won't be able to vote before tomorrow, exams and stuff. I have listened to them but need more time.
^^

LPChip

Quote from: "Rakib"I won't be able to vote before tomorrow, exams and stuff. I have listened to them but need more time.

Take your time. :)

LPChip

Quote from: "machinesmith"I propose to take it one step further and have everyone remix/remake my tune to see how much better it could've been ... hmm .. on that line maybe I should take someone ELSE's tune from the compo and work on giving it a new twist...a remix compo of the orignal compo

(you could be REALLY evil and force the participants of the orignial competition to remix the tunes they ranked the least - just for the challenge!)

PS - if you Do decide to go ahead with that cockamamie idea then can I recast my vote? I'd like to place it in reverse order! If not then I gladly self disqualify myself from the 2nd compo if its ever based on aforementioned idea!

I don't think thats a good idea. I don't like to force people to do a remix of a compo entry, especially if I have to make it a rule that it has to be yours. Aside from the fact that I have a feeling your entry is a remix of some sort, because most of the parts in the beginning (intro) sounds like an old C64 demo I used to watch/listen alot. The only thing is that you miss the lead which was the most brilliant part of it. X)

machinesmith

I don't think thats a good idea. I don't like to force people to do a remix of a compo entry, especially if I have to make it a rule that it has to be yours.

I'm glad you think so! Especially the latter idea is an exceptionally Bad idea! I was trying to reference the fact that everyone seems to have uber prodcution skills while the only thing I can boast about is that you can play my tune in Impulse Tracker/Xmplay/Winamp (yes even that) and it will sound pretty much the same...which isn't much to boast about *sigh*

Aside from the fact that I have a feeling your entry is a remix of some sort, because most of the parts in the beginning (intro) sounds like an old C64 demo I used to watch/listen alot. The only thing is that you miss the lead which was the most brilliant part of it. X)

Wow! I'm flattered! Not that I was aiming for any one tune but like I mention in the text file I only heard a clip of a tune (about 15 sec) once and that snippet stayed with me for life! (Its like the `Gods' tune...except I can hum that lead line in its entirety!) However I'm pretty sure this was on the Atari ST, and there wasnt anything to watch really, just a bunch of Yes/No questions (its been a very long time)! Do you have the name of that demo?  I'd like to see if I hit the nail on the head - or if I just made `generic 8-bit computer demo tune #327'