[prog rock ballad (not sure)] Promises and Lies (mp3)

Started by TheEagle, April 20, 2009, 09:55:52

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEagle

Hi, everybody.

Well, after this quite simple synth-pop-stuff I tried to do somthing more "serious" that comes closer to my musical taste:

Promises and Lies

As I wrote in the threat's title, I'm not really sure about the genre but due to the different parts the song consists of, I think "prog rock ballad" may fit.

Greetings
TheEagle

Sam_Zen

Well.. No lies in the promises here. It starts with a very default instrument arrangements, and stays that way.
I know it's my personal problem, because of my distaste of the grand piano, but why not play these chords by some clarinets for example ?

I understand the ease of using a piano while making some model of a song, but why not replace those notes by another instrument in the end ?

TheEagle

Thank you for listening and commenting.

Personally, I like pianos very much but unfortunately, I never learned to play it (or any other instrument).
I don't think that wind instruments will work as replacement for a piano, but maybe an acoustic guitar will do.
I will give it a try....

psishock

Sad approach as always TheEagle :D, it's a mixed stuff from different genres, or should i said instruments? I like the main melody, i also love the piano sound. Unfortunately, the guitar cannot be successfully captured with notes, to sound very original, it have to be played live.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

uncloned

nice piece Mr Eagle.

I especially like the production with the balance between instrument drums.

If you want I can put some guitar to a piece of yours.

an example of one lead style

http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=2832.0

TheEagle

Quote from: "psishock"Unfortunately, the guitar cannot be successfully captured with notes, to sound very original, it have to be played live.
You're right. Of course a guitar has to be played live to sound original, but unfortunatly I can't play a guitar.
Recently I found a guitar-vsti called "Real Strat" and I'm currently playing around with a 30-days trial version. I'm excited about the natural sound of that plug-in and I think it sounds even better than "slayer 2".
However, we will see if anything comes out...

Quote from: "uncloned"nice piece Mr Eagle.
Thank you Mr uncloned, sir.:-D
Quote from: "uncloned"If you want I can put some guitar to a piece of yours.
Again thanks for the offer, but I think I have to learn it by myself...

To both: Thank you for listening and commenting.

uncloned

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

Excellent production and music! Comfortable without being all lovey-dovey. The arrangement of instruments is superb, and the development of the song is well-considered. My only negative criticism is the drums starting at 4:00 should have been given more weight and volume, to push home the emotions. Perhaps goes on slightly too long, but not horribly so.

Great for the background!