OpenMPT is refusing to load SAXI VSTi

Started by CoolDudeClem, April 23, 2009, 23:44:51

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolDudeClem

Can anyone help me with this?  I recently re-installed windows, and I've put my software back on it (including OpenMPT of course), I've installed all my vst's, but I can't get saxi to work in OpenMPT anymore.  In the part when you add a new plugin, when I select either SAXi103beta8.dll or saxi.dll, I get a stupid retarded error saying "At least one selcted file was not a valid VST plugin". I've been able to add all my other vst's with no problems.  this vst worked before, I'm using the same windows as before and the same computer, but now for some weird unexplained reason it's not working.  I need to get this working again as I have some songs I made that use it.
Life brings you great gifts with one hand, and stabs you in the back with the other.

psishock

Try to open the general tab in OMPT without additionally opening the "Select..." or any other window, and simply drag your .dll file(s) from total commander (or windows explorer, or my computer) to the bottom (usually gray) area somewhere.
If it's done without errors, the VST(i) should be selected any time, and will be opened with files.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Sam_Zen

I'm not familiar with VST plugins, but maybe you could re-install them in another directory location, and try again.

LPChip

Go to OpenMPT -> Plugin Manager.

Remove the plugin from the list.

Press OK.

Close OpenMPT.

Reopen OpenMPT.

Go to the Plugin Manager.

Readd the plugin.

That should work.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs