[classical guitar + flute] circle with a line (mp3)

Started by uncloned, April 22, 2009, 02:00:20

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

http://clones.soonlabel.com/mp3/side-3-circle-with-a-line.mp3

This was scored in 1980 for me and my ex to play together - she plays the flute.

It is not spectacular - it is a sad little piece.

TheEagle

Sam_Zen

A bit sad indeed. Like the bird in the cage..

uncloned

For what its worth "budgie" got out to fly around the apartment. One of his favorite locations was my head. Any from that vantage point he let me know what he really thought. :-)

uncloned

Thank you both for listening and commenting

Eagle - use the melody if you'd like. I have the score somewhere - but it is really simple. Just let me listen to what you do with it.

To both - I've been behind in my listening because of real life. I apologize.

Sam I did listen to some of your modules - the first 3 I think, I enjoyed them - when I'm done I'll comment.

Sam_Zen

Quote"budgie" got out to fly around the apartment. One of his favorite locations was my head
hmm. I was afraid of that already. Of course by hearing a bird I can't be sure if he's locked up or not.
It was more a literally illustration of the mood I felt.

uncloned

but you are right though - a pet bird's life is terrible - only worse are fish.

Sam_Zen

Well, sometimes looking back to a relationship, this would illustrate the feeling quite like it is.
Feeling like being in a cage, trying to make a song together, but the tuning fails, and it doesn't last long..

uncloned

are you referring to this being my ex?

if so... yes I guess it is analogous indeed.

Sam_Zen

I was referring to such circumstances, yes. I just heard that my first ex had passed away.
The relation was more than 40 years ago, and I was wondering about the feelings concerning that.
So this song seems to be quite near to such emotions.

uncloned

I was married to her for 17 years and it dissolved in a whirl of chaos.

She had a major problem with prescription drugs. So I guess I feel overall sad for her. The way she acted in the divorce pretty much killed any affection I ever had for her. That is hard for my sons to understand because I tried not to involve them in the vortex from my side at least.

I don't know how it is for you in the Netherlands, here in the states divorces are generally very adversarial with the woman, by and large, obtaining anything of value.

A recent thought is that she saw the divorce as revenge for when she was committed to the psych ward by her therapist because of her addition to pain pills. I remember her screaming obscenities at me as they took her into the hospital.  But.. it was totally out of my hands. There were other reasons as well - I got blamed for lots and lots of stuff. Some justifiable... but certainly not all.

On the other hand I ended up in Alanon - a 12 step program for significant others of alcoholics / addicts because of her - and that really gave me the perspective I needed in life.

TheEagle

Quote from: "uncloned"
Eagle - use the melody if you'd like. I have the score somewhere - but it is really simple. Just let me listen to what you do with it.

Thank you for the offer but I prefer to create my own melodies. I think this is the best way for me to learn...

uncloned

Sure thing. Sometimes people remix the work of others.

Sam_Zen

That's a painful story, Clones.
I don't think in the NL it's that much difference regarding the positive discrimination of the females in a divorce.

uncloned

It was painful to live through yes. But my life is much better as a result.
Not perfect, but much better.