[album clips]Sonic Epiphany(mp3)

Started by Tassel of Blue, April 01, 2009, 18:25:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Tassel of Blue

hi im new here but nathaniel(u knw him as harbinger)told me to set up a new post to let u knw of som music im working on......

here are 3 clips frm an upcoming playlist album ill be relesing calld Sonic Epiphany.its mostly dance music i mad w/ mpt.its nothing great but i thoght someone else may lik it.

here is Truth B Told
and here is Compulsion
and here is A Fairy's Heart
(i hope i did thst right)

i will let u guys knw as soon as th album is finished.(that may b anothr 2 wks or so)so for now this will hav to do.

PS:sorry for th bad spelling.thats never ben my best subject.... :cry:
"Blueswept stares and violin embraces

and love,
just a tassel of blue..."

Sam_Zen

Well, bad spelling is one thing, but this is more like a puzzle.. :)
Why the term 'clip' in the title ? Are these complete songs or shorted demo parts ?

psishock

nothing is "puzzled" 4 me here :D

decrypting:
his new guy/girl.
Harbinger pointed him to these forums, because Tassel of Blue wanted to show his recent works (and possibly get feedback).
Currently he has 3 WIP (work in progress) pieces from his album, called Sonic Epiphany.
His main choice of genre is "ectronic dance music", using OMPT, also trying to act humble by mentioning: his work is "nothing great" stuff.
The whole album may take more than 2 weeks to finish. (psi's comment: dayum, his working fast, mine is taking years :D)

@Tassel of Blue:
Your style is very similar to Harbinger's, do you guys work together? Those clips are cool and sounds ok, can be anything from them in the end. I'm waiting for the final versions.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Tassel of Blue

actually im yjana, his drummer. and we should sound alike,he taught me evrything i knw.

an ive ben wroking on it for almost 2 months already.

he likes mor 80s stuff and i like 90s stuff,so he wants to concentrat on the techno sound and i want to do mor danc msuic.

and sorry for my spelling,i knw some of u dont speak english as first language,and f i dont spell it right,it can b hard to translate.maybe i shuld let harbinger type for me! lol...

and love,

Sam_Zen

Ah.. you're Yjana ..! Welcome here. You did an excellent job on many Harbingers pieces.

Don't worry about the spelling, I can read it.

By the way, I doubt if it's a spelling case here, looks more like a typing thing, maybe a bit dyslectic..
(sorry, I'm not trying to be impertinent, just being curious..)

uncloned

Yjana!!!

I've enjoyed all of your work that Harbinger shared - you are quite excellent!

I like compulsion the best - the distorted percussion is excellent!

Fairys Heart sounds like a Jazz fusion piece - I like that one quite a lot as well.

The Truth B Told has excellent washes and synth lead - this one I like yhe least.

Excellent production in each piece as well.

But like and dislike is subjective

Harbinger

Sorry i should have introduced you all. :)

I finally convinced her to chime in instead of just visiting (which it seems more folks are doing fortunately). She's not internet-savvy by any stretch, but she has some basic skills from cursory research. But she seems to have gained a little trust from most folks at this forum i guess...

Tassel of Blue (we should stick to our screen names  :P ) has been my friend since the 90s, but my student using MPT for two years. While she does my drumwork for my art-techno sound (futurock), she spends her free time tracking EDM like what you hear. The only thing i do is give her "listener's input" and a couple of arpeggio or melodic sequences, plus i do the post-production.

However, since she's new to you and you're new to her, i hope she will allow me to give my dear colleagues here some friendly advice in dealing with her, so there are no early misunderstandings:

1. She does not take criticism well (which she's the first to admit), unless she asks for it. She is why one of my cardinal rules in critiquing other people's artwork is to not compose their work for them -- gentle but constructive. So be very tactful in your wording of what you mean.

2. Despite her misspelling and youthful looks, she's as smart as a whip and can carry on a deeply intellectual conversation with anyone. She's especially adept at abstract thinking, most notably in the use of language, even tho she can be very spiteful and contrary if she begins to feel like you're not on her side. But until you get her skewered by her, she's as sweet as a Sunday School marm. :)

Also of note, i will be transferring a handful of my EDM songs to Tassel of Blue, those that she was a major part of. I'm doing this for two reasons.
First, these songs i feel were driven by her inspiration or ideas, and reaaly should belong to her. Second, i want Aeon to go back to what it's known for, futurock.
At a future date, i will transfer the licenses to Tassel of Blue, and make the appropriate changes in these forums and in the Download database. I believe she said she will include some of those in her first album (the ones she likes the most).

Tassel of Blue

thankyou,"harbinger"(feels funny calling you that)

that was a very fair description.dont worry im not mad abot what u said

and for evryone else,im working on th last cuple of songs for th album, and it wll be redy soon.if u like danc music youll like it.
its mostly trance w/ some house.even if u dont lik 2 dance,itll make your mind dance (i think)....lol

and love,

psishock

Yjana it's you! ^^ I had a feeling for this, just tried not to be direct. The similarity of your styles was self speaking, definitely a recognizable unique approach to EDM.
I don't think that you should afraid from any of our harsh criticism, i've only seen constructive ones from the people here. Pointing out some stuff in each other work should only has a positive effect, because the song is "monitored" from different angles of views.

Waiting for the finished pieces then, i think they should b fun to listen.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)