Discussion about a feature I'd like to add to the new site.

Started by LPChip, January 19, 2006, 14:09:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Read the post and then choose. (14 days)

yeah, I agree (see my post)
5 (55.6%)
no, I do not agree (see my post)
4 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: February 02, 2006, 14:09:21

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"The same goes on for the mp3 / ogg outputs, if one presents them in a zipped format. One has to download the whole thing or not. This prevents people from 'zapping along' to the next track, because the first 20 seconds weren't exciting enough. Although from the view of compression it is nonsense.
If people are like me, this'll make them skip the track. ;) Make interesting intros instead, or live with being unliked by those requiring instant gratification. If I would download the whole track, I would still skip it after 20 seconds if it wasn't appealing to me, the only difference would be the wasted bandwidth for the both of us.

Relabsoluness

I think having more modules for download would be great, and for example in the old modplug site I pretty much downloaded only module-files from the new releases. But still, voting 'no' was quite easy choice.

Maybe the main reason for that is that providing the 'source' in so many cases can not practically be done and thus Modplug.com would become quite restricted in a sense. Why I find this as negative aspect is, for example, that this way one couldn't submit music which might even be made with Modplug tracker. So one might need to find another 'community' where to do that, which in worst scenario could mean that at least the music-side of modplug.com would wither.

Quote from: "LPChip"MODPlug Central in my opinion, is a place, and also should be a place to share the music for that of what the program is made for. This way, whenever you hear a song, you can be asured, that it is a tracked song, and not a sequenced, life recorded song.
Drawing a line between 'tracked song' and 'life recorded song' seems quite impossible since for example one can use live recorded samples in the tune; at which point it would not be considered 'tracked song' anymore?

Sam_Zen

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"If people are like me, this'll make them skip the track.
I have decided to do so, so I have to take the consequences of the principle of that.
On the other hand, I made trackers once in a while in the past, where the intro is quite impressive, but the rest of the song quite flat and not with satisfaction to me so far.

LPChip

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"I think having more modules for download would be great, and for example in the old modplug site I pretty much downloaded only module-files from the new releases. But still, voting 'no' was quite easy choice.

Maybe the main reason for that is that providing the 'source' in so many cases can not practically be done and thus Modplug.com would become quite restricted in a sense. Why I find this as negative aspect is, for example, that this way one couldn't submit music which might even be made with Modplug tracker. So one might need to find another 'community' where to do that, which in worst scenario could mean that at least the music-side of modplug.com would wither.

Quote from: "LPChip"MODPlug Central in my opinion, is a place, and also should be a place to share the music for that of what the program is made for. This way, whenever you hear a song, you can be asured, that it is a tracked song, and not a sequenced, life recorded song.
Drawing a line between 'tracked song' and 'life recorded song' seems quite impossible since for example one can use live recorded samples in the tune; at which point it would not be considered 'tracked song' anymore?

Actually, I disagree on that. If you record your voice or you playing an instrument, then use the samples in the tracker, I still considder that tracked. Okay, If you record your entire song as one sample, then I have to agree.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs