[minimal house]Good Mixes(mp3)

Started by Louigi Verona, April 01, 2009, 11:18:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

Almost any extension can be chosen to 'save to disk' instead of realtime performance.
But having the QT plugin in FF is hard to keep under control, so I fired it. This made things a lot smoother.

This player-GUI is making things harder too, because the songs are embedded in a flash dialog.
So no normal webpage R-click behaviour. The R-click in the flash comes with the option 'Download this track'.

If clicked, it takes some moments to download the complete track in the cache, before the Save as dialog pops up.

This appears to be only possible when the actual track is playing.
If track 6 is playing, or was the latest, then R-clicking on track 2 with 'Download this track' will not work.
It will save track 6 again.

Louigi Verona

Hey, Rakib, Sam Zen.

Sorry for the inconvenience of the download. Initially, I planned a service which would be for streaming rather than download. I'll think of something - there needs to be a separate solution as downloading from flash is always inconvenient.

Sam_Zen

hey, don't worry, Louigi. I've got all tracks now, and some downloads from the Net are easy, others are not.
I just found out some workaround to handle this, so I've learned something.

Louigi Verona

So, guys, are you enjoying this kind of music?

I found that it is much better when you are actually dancing to it or listening to a live performance. When you play a record back, some parts might seem boring because it took me time to switch something or find a suitable part to mix in. I think I'll get faster with experience.

Yesterday was practicing with a midi keyboard. Took me a while to map the keyboard some weeks ago, now I have to become super fluent with the work flow and all the functionality - like opening a file fast.

Rakib

I love house music, and this was some good shit  :D
No dancing required to enjoy your music, its all good.

Hav you tried virtual dj for mixing, I find that program very easy to use.
^^

Louigi Verona

Nope, only used Traktor. Traktor has four decks and all the other mixing software has only two.

Sam_Zen

I don't care listening to a 8 or 16 times repeat of the same bar. Doesn't automatically mean 'boring'.
The mind can dance too..
I like mediummix1 the most.

Louigi Verona

haha!  that's a funny tune because Trance Tribe has gifted me a tune to use in my set and I used it in this mix. But because I took only a small 2 beat loop, he didn't recognize it there! Although it is a big part of the soundscape all the time )))