[minimal house]Good Mixes(mp3)

Started by Louigi Verona, April 01, 2009, 11:18:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Louigi Verona

Hey guys!
Been working with house music and some djing. The result is already a small album with several nice (I think) tunes.

http://www.disc-shelf.com/?album=81

The album is done by mixing lots of tune together - I am using Traktor and it allows to mix 4 decks. I usually transform the source tunes, by using very short loops and sort of creating new tunes out of them. All the tunes used in the mix are written by me especially to be used in sets with one tune submitted by Trance Tribe.

Hope you enjoy it!

Sam_Zen

I only could download nr 1. The rest in the list is linking to the same first track.
Quite enjoyable. The handclap is a bit obvious.

Louigi Verona

to be honest, the download feature is not very good. if you really want to download files, use Firefox plugins and there will be no problem what so ever. For instance, try Download Helper: http://www.downloadhelper.net/

ps: yeah and if you cannot stream mp3 and only listened to first track - I would say that it is the worst mix there because it was one of the first attempts. it is good enough to be released, but the rest I consider cooler

Sam_Zen

I didn't try to stream anything so far , just wanted to download. I will check out the tool.

psishock

hey Louigi

i can c that mixing is now one of your strong point, you can handle tractor studio well, i've only tried to play with it a few hours, but i never mix anyway :D. Minimal house is not my thingy but i've listened before to the genre and you've totally nailed the "feeling". You can go clubbin' now. :D
So you are producing in FL studio alone? Internal synths or some other VSTi-s?
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Louigi Verona

Yeah, FL Studio. Drum samples are all wavs, got 'em from torrents, various house dj collections, very good stuff - hihats, base drums, claps, percussion. And for other sounds I use mostly VSTi or wave files which I sampled from somewhere.

As for Traktor, I am still not so versatile with the midi keyboard and did most of the mixes with a mouse (and in Germany, while on a business trip). But in a club it is no good if your face is in the laptop and besides with a midi keyboard you can do several actions at once. And working with a midi requires mechanical practice. And a suitable midi controller too. I now have M-Audio Oxygene 8 v2, which is alright, but I miss some knobs and sliders.

psishock

what a coincidence, i have M-Audio Oxygene 49. :D

I thought it's the best buy in this price range, and in the end, it has every feature that i need. If i remember correctly it had similar pricing like the Oxygen 8 V2 in the store. Why did you decided with the 8V2 model, if it doesn't suit your needs?

Louigi Verona

I also have Oxygene 61 )))
Actually, M-Audio keys are very nice. I like how they feel. Among the cheap midi keyboards M-Audio is the best, in my opinion.

psishock

i've couldn't said it better. :D

uncloned

Do these m-audio keys need special drivers? The company is years behind providing vista 64 divers for their usb midi interface. This made me quit unhappy seeing my new cpu is a vista 64 box and the midi interface is built (and cost) to last years. They do have an 88 key controller that kooks good but I'm leaning towards casio because of the issue.

psishock

QuoteDo these m-audio keys need special drivers?
nah, just plug and "play".

Rakib

Any plans to make the songs downloadable?
^^

psishock

right click+download on any song while in the player. ;)

Rakib

Yeah, I saw that. But then quicktime starts as a firefox plugin. It would be much easier if there was just a simple download button.
^^

psishock

you can set in FF to every filetype what should the browser do when encounters it. Mine is set to ask every time, so downloading when i want is not a problem. The simple download button may not help, nobody will guarantee that the quicktime player wont start again when you click on it, and since it's all flash, you won't be able to rightclick+save target as.
Im not sure if the source is ogg or similar but you can turn off these autoplays for most mediatype in "about:config" tab in FF. Search for "media.ogg.enabled" boolean and set it to false (may need to restart the browser to set the effect). This will make example Sam's ogg stuff also easily downloadable.