[Soundtrack (Techno)]Theories(mp3)

Started by Harbinger, March 21, 2009, 20:02:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Theories

Unimportant tune, intended for an imagined future computer game by the same name, when computers will be advanced enough to parse grammar to break down philosophies and determine if they are valid or not.

The object of "Theories" is for each player to start with a simple but true statement, then add continuing known true statements as premises for an argument. The computer then draws conclusions based on the premises and more statements are added in turns. Any player who enters an untrue or unverifiable statement (as determined by the computer), or whose added statement cannot lend itself to a continuing logical conclusion, is disqualified, and the other players continue. The winner is the last one left.

This song is the theme to the opening screen.

Mind the license, and feel free to comment....

Sam_Zen

Complex concept. Computer needs to be intelligent, to handle unconventional arguments or facts.
Remise as end result should be an option too imo.

psishock

It's perfect for the title music Harbinger.... only mayb it's a bit long for the purpose.

QuoteComputer needs to be intelligent, to handle unconventional arguments or facts.
That highly depends how would you define "intelligent".
Humans are born 2 with some emotions, a limited amount of reflexes and some basic skills, but we "gather" a lot of knowledge and experience from our environment over time. If a similar system would be implemented in a machine, they would most likely act very similar to humans. (emotions also could be implemented too, if needed)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Sam_Zen

Agreed. I didn't say it was impossible. Artificial intelligence science with their neural networks are already quite far.

uncloned

man I love this - very nice and smooth -  a prefect balance of elements.

Harbinger

You realize of course i only came up with the title after i heard the opening sound when i first started composing it..... :lol:

"....theories.....theories.....theories......theories...."  :wink: