Add constant volume to selection

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, March 10, 2009, 22:59:36

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

OK, the ability to multiply the volumes within a selection is fantastic -- I use it all the time. It'd be nice, however, if there were a similar dialog which allowed you to simply *add* a constant to all volumes.

Sam_Zen

LPChip

Do you mean everywhere during the selection, or only where notes are present?

If you want to do it everywhere, then here's a workaround:

Put the requested volume in the first place, then in the last place. Make a selection between the two and do extrapolate volume.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Errrm, that doesn't have to do anything with adding volume (like 32 + 8 ) at all, i'm afraid. :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"Errrm, that doesn't have to do anything with adding volume (like 32 + 8) at all, i'm afraid. :P

But you have the amplify control for that right?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

No. The amplify control multiplies, it doesn't add. it does for example 32 * 1.3, 40 * 1.3, 48 * 1.3, etc... but not 32 + 8, 40 + 8, 48 + 8.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

bvanoudtshoorn

@Jojo: Exactly. I want to be able to have a selection of notes at, say v32 and v16, and add, say, v06 to them all, so that I get v38 and v22.

Saga Musix

The "Data Entry" shortcuts have been there for a while now, and they can do exactly this, so I'm moving this to the archive.