Is real time ASIO audio input possible?

Started by scihte, March 02, 2009, 21:46:31

Previous topic - Next topic

scihte

Hi, I've been searching for hours for this. In FL studio and Buzz, I used to be able to use my microphone input and pass it through the VST effects and record. I do that with my guitar, in order to use the overdrive and delay VST effects.

Is there a way to do this in MODPlug? I just want to input the sound from my microphone to a VST plug-in in MODPlug, using ASIO. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Saga Musix

Modplug has no recording capabilites, except for MIDI.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

scihte

Oh thanks. It was hard to find a free music production software that's so stable on Vista coupled with a very crappy sound card. That's a disappointment, I really liked the software interface. Guess I'm gonna have to find something else, I'll give LMMS a shot, but I'm not sure how stable it will be. Thanks again.

Saga Musix

It would be cool to have some basic recording functions yes, but I would not support modplug getting a "music production suite" with advanced recording and stuff. I myself use different tools as well, and I'm okay with that.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.