Started by Torava, January 09, 2009, 21:55:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Torava

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.52

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s):
I think it has been always.

Description of the bug:
OpenMPT's VST support is terrible. When I'm composing a new song and the number of VSTi's slowly grows, MPT soon begin to crash often when I'm playing the song. VSTi's I got is Nexus, Slayer2 and SampleTank 2.x. Suddenly music jams and MPT seems to work normally otherwise, but when I press stop the program crashes and the task must end manually. I can for example save the song before that. When the music jams, MPT's processor stressing is about 5-20% (I have Creative SB X-Fi sound card) and when the program crashes it's 100%. I haven't seen any error messages when program crashes, but I have seen an error that says The plugin X threw an exception in processReplacing. It has automatically been set to "bypass". This bug should have been fixed, but I still get it sometimes. Could these problems has a connection?

Harbinger

I must concur. I have encountered a couple of VSTi's (DSK modules) which don't like it when i stop playback, sending the message as Torava said, and then refusing to transmit to the same VSTi again in that session.

LPChip

I see you removed most of the standard questions from the template when posting a bug. This makes it really impossible to fix this.

We'll be needing more information if we want to look into this.

What VSTi's are you using? How can we reproduce this? Can you upload a testcase? How is your CPU holding? Stuff like that.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Torava

Hm, looks like ASIO solves the problem. By using DirectSound and my soundcard's drivers (SB X-Fi Audio) MPT keeps doing that, but playing with any ASIO (ASIO Multimedia Driver, ASIO4ALL, Creative ASIO) the problem disappears.

LPChip

Great to hear. :)

I'll close the call then.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs