attached plugin(s)

Started by Sam_Zen, March 04, 2009, 20:15:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Give it time, uncloned, give it time. (Ask Phillip-Morris.) :wink:

Sam_Zen

Of course I understand that plugins can't be embedded in a tracker module like samples.
As stated here, it's much too complicated for various reasons.

So I did some test with a plugin copied to another dir, the same to save the .it file in, then removed the plugin from OMPT's list.
When opening that .it file, there's first an error message by OMPT about not being able to find the plugin.

While the name of the plugin, and the assignment to which FX number it is saved in the module, the path to it is not.
That still seems to depend on the most recent list of OMPT itself.

So my idea of adding the plugin in the zip together with the tracker file will not work.
One still has to explain to the user how to find the plugin-dir after opening OMPT.

So my request would be to at least save the path of the used plugin embedded in the tracker file.
Meaning, if it's in the root dir of the .it file, no path at all, just the filename.
Maybe something for .mptm ?

Saga Musix

While the name of the plugin, and the assignment to which FX number it is saved in the module, the path to it is not.
That still seems to depend on the most recent list of OMPT itself.
the thing is that plugins are not determined by their file name, but rather by an unique ID that's stored in the plugin DLL.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Ah, I see, makes quite a difference.

uncloned

but... at least including the plugins in the zip....

or alternately an HTML file with links to download the plugins....

gives the listener a chance to reconstruct your piece albeit with some work.

Sam_Zen

Saga Musix

instead of including the same plugins again and again, a link to a website where all plugins are listed is more handy, i think.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

You're right too, could be an efficient option.