[primal tapes] Bene Gesserith (ogg)

Started by Sam_Zen, February 24, 2009, 18:43:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

A piece with the synth inspired by the book Dune by Frank Herbert, the game (ver 1) and the movie by David Lynch.

This is about the special manipulation language by the witches.

Bene Gesserith - 3:32

Rakib

A nice song, very easy to listen in the background. Makes you in a euphoric state.

The voice you had, didn't work out so well, and I missed a bit funkyness but overall a great tune.
^^

psishock

Nice drum-work Sam, indeed good for background listening. The voice could perhaps fit there, but it is very loud and sudden in this state (the enter and the exit as well), i would definitely lover the volume for starters, mayb would added some small reverb...  hmm and a fade in.
I've missed the first Dune game and the book, however played over Dune 2 and Dune 2000, both are very well made games, even watched the Dune movie. (the movie seemed a bit cheesy)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

uncloned

yes.. the girl who dances for the worms.. it was a shame to see that series end as the mentat ghola and his honored matres mate is lost in an unidentifiable universe eluding the net of the .. face dancers was it?

Certainly this reflects what I think of the book

This is really cool - I like the shawm-like instrument melody and timbre a lot.

Sam_Zen

A lot of critics came down on the movie. But how do you fit four books in one movie ?
I just was curious about how things were realized, like the desert worm, the stamper, etc. and it was very well done.
And Dune 1 was fine programming. All on just two 1.4 mb diskettes..

uncloned

The visuals in the Lynch movie was superb. When I visualize Dune now it is with his images. Have you read any of the Brian Herbert books?  I admit I gave up on them after two or three.

Sam_Zen

I don't know books by Brian Herbert.

uncloned

That's his kid - supposedly dad left outlines for several more books and he enlisted the help of a sci fi writer to fill them out

House Atredies, House Harkonnen, etc.

They are centered around the Butlerian Jihad.

Sort of like what the  Silamarillion book did for Tokien.

Sam_Zen

uncloned

I see he has a web site

I was a pretty big Dune fan for a while

http://www.dunenovels.com/

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

More tribal music from Sam, all-right! Do i detect some kind of Ethnic melody underneath? And the fact that the melody does not come up front to play makes it more mysterious, like a seductive siren hiding in the dim light. Then the vocal sample. What did he say? Oh well, doesn't matter. The song's way too short, and probably a bit too undeveloped, but appealing nonetheless...

I loved the movie, but i couldn't keep up with the book. Dune is definitely the modern saga, like a science-fiction Beowulf.