[space rock] Only Man (mp3) So On release

Started by uncloned, February 16, 2009, 15:50:00

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

http://clones.soonlabel.com/mp3/onlyman2009-003.mp3

Only man can paint the sea...

Mrsix  wrote the piece

Weikn contributed the photo

clones contributed backing vocal and acoustic lead guitar.

psishock

This one is nicely arranged, i like the choice of instrument, the haunting guitar and the melody fits right in the scene. Your vocals were also fitting very well, 'tho it's only me or they are a bit too quiet? Never mind that, it enhanced the haunting feel. Another keeper. :D
(i'm having a strong nostalgic feeling, Diablo Tristram theme)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Sam_Zen

Nice photo - a boat on a boat ?
I agree with Psi, the vocals could have been more emphasized. But indeed the arrangement is very good.
Could afford some more length.

psishock

QuoteCould afford some more length.
agreed, this a very nice piece, i love it.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Rakib

Loved the song, justed missed the lead vocal by uncloned.
But very nicely made.
^^

uncloned

Thanks everyone -

I perform

the words "only man can paint the sea" in the very beginning and the ahh's in the background. And then the acoustic guitar leads forwards and backwards in the middle of the stereo positioning.

Rob is from the UK and wrote the piece - I just added to it.

Rob did the electric guitars, bass, piano, and percussion as well as the main vocal.

We (at So On) agree that Rob's vocals are too quiet. The problem is Rob's computer died really bad and took everything with it. While he backs up his work - this one he missed unfortunately. The decision was made to use the existing recording despite the flaw instead of trying to perform it again.

Again, thanks for the listen!

I'm really enjoying working with Rob.

uncloned

The photo

Vesa (Weikn) took it. He lives in Tampere Finland which he recently told me has a number of lakes including the largest in the country. I guess since Finland is so cold its nice to provide boats with protection during the winter. This is a boat house with boat in it.

It, tangentially, fits the nautical theme of the lyrics Rob wrote. The lyrics are a stream of conscience that has a meaning in its own way.