[electronic ambient] illusions (mp3)

Started by uncloned, February 10, 2009, 04:47:34

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

I purchased a GR-20 guitar to midi kit.

This piece, which admittedly is improvised noise, is 5 instances of z3ta+ soft synth in Sonar 7 being driven by my Fender Mustang via the Roland GK 3 hex pick up into the Roland GR-20 to an Edirol midi to USB box.

It can be used to make music too :-)

http://clones.soonlabel.com/mp3/gr20-001.mp3

psishock

i have the illusion of being in a dark room full of mashines, beeping speakers, blinking leds, and a lots of bigger and smaller not-so-safe-to-touch pile of wires hanging everywhere from the ceiling. :D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

uncloned

Thanks for the listen Psi ! That sounds like an apt description.

Sam_Zen

Well, hi there Psi ! Nice to meet you in this dark room full of mashines, beeping speakers, blinking leds, and a lots of bigger and smaller not-so-safe-to-touch pile of wires hanging everywhere from the ceiling..

Rakib

Interesting sounds, could fit perfectly in a horror movie.
^^

uncloned

Thanks for the listen both of you.

The sounds are mostly presets in z3ta+ with some tweaks.

Now of course, I selected the notes and purposely messed with the pitch detection by doing things like using an ebow and scraping my pick along the wound strings.

I only had a couple hours to play it after assembly, I should get a better handle on it with experience.

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

True Ambient: sounds rather than music, environment rather than order. I advise all of our druggie friends to not do acid while listening to this -- if you value your acid trips. How would like it if someone injected harsh reality into your escape?

The sounds are the equivalent of floating scouring pads scraping against your brain while trying to form into something musical, but never quite getting the structure of notes much less chords! Thank God for brevity! I felt a kidney stone trying to flee my ears! :P

uncloned

Thanks for the listen Harbinger!

Perhaps this video accompaniment will help pass your stone :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHEAi_x49g4

it is of the river off my balcony.

uncloned

Quote from: "Rakib"Interesting sounds, could fit perfectly in a horror movie.

Thanks for the listen Rakib!!

Horror - yes - as the young female victim in her nightgown soaked with sweat runs down the hallway of the old mansion trying locked door after locked door desperately looking for an escape from the deranged groundskeeper wielding a machete dripping with the blood of her lover...