[soft rock] bitter dregs (mp3)

Started by uncloned, February 15, 2009, 22:15:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

psishock

QuoteI'm pretty sure I got the congas in the right place.
"implied 6/8 in 4/4" is fine :D, i've meant out of bpm sync, it seems that there are an audible delay gap between the drum loop and the "imaginary" bmp kick/metronome.

edit: Listened to couple of more times, seems that it's the "humanized" effect of live playing. The delay is not audible all the times, there are places where it feels properly accurate, but on some places the sync feels wrong.

QuoteI think you know how one can listen to it so many times that almost -anything- sounds good.
yes, i'm very aware of this phenomena, that's why its a good idea to show a "wip" or finished pieces to fresh ears.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

uncloned

Hi Sam, I don't understand your comment.

Psi it is probably my playing that is at fault.

psishock

QuotePsi it is probably my playing that is at fault.
hmmm, now that you are mentioning it... that can be right, maybe you are off the bpm sometimes. I'll just leave it like that, its really nothing serious tho', i'm just a perfectionist on most of the cases. :D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Sam_Zen

I meant that version 4 is better than the previous one.

I agree with Psi about the "humanized" effect. Sometimes it's there, but nothing to be worried about.

uncloned

Thanks for the answers.

In California tent cities are going up with the homeless after losing their homes

Sam_Zen

Yep. Modern camps for refugees of the financial crisis..

uncloned

Sam, Psi, I thought you might like to see what Sonar looked like when I was mastering the final version.

It is an expensive program but it does allow me to do quite a lot. I think it was money well spent (I upgraded for $200 or $250 which isn't as bad as new). Certainly more worth the money that say vista is....

The resolution is 1920x1200 so I'm making them links not embedded pictures

http://clones.soonlabel.com/tis/dregs1.jpg

http://clones.soonlabel.com/tis/dregs2.jpg

Now this free program called Reaper (or for Linux Rosegarden - if you can get sound to work...) claims to perform a lot of the functions Sonar does...