[EDM (?)] Evening with you (mp3)

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, January 23, 2009, 12:37:23

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

I admit, I didn't envisage this track going quite the way it did. :) Comments and criticisms are, as always, more than welcome.

Download

Sam_Zen

romantic intro. Very nice, simple song. and nice break at 1:40 with some 'blue notes'.
maybe good base for some lyrics here.

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

Evening with You
This is distinctly Electropop. When i first heard the opening bars i thought "Oh my God, what have i downloaded?" The piano work there is well-done, but a bit too maudlin for my taste. But one man's "maudlin" is another man's "sentimental," no? :D
Then when the synths came in, my ears were dancing around the sides of my head. The music is not too hard and not too soft, and seasoned perfectly with unusual timbres, and an odd off-key note or two. The main melody is kept warm and inoffensive. The ending in a bittersweet motif is quite evocative, both intellectually and emotionally.

Normally not my cup of tea, but i'm keeping it my rotation because it's nice "mood music". :wink:

bvanoudtshoorn

@Sam_Zen: Thanks! As is often the case, I have smatterings of lyrics in my head -- just a line here and there. I don't know that I'll ever get a full set down, though.

@Harbinger: I'm glad that you enjoyed it, despite your premonitions. :D Thanks for the feedback.

mrvegas

Haven't checked in here in a while.  This is really cool.  Nice song (as usual).    No real critique -- I liked the piano  intro, the transition to the main part of the song, and the ending was handled with the last  piano note.